FDNY EMS

jb811297

Is that not you're area of special interest Zippy? Polishing Firefighter's Helmets & poles? :twisted: :D

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHHAhahahahaaahah! Owned! :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FDNY sounds like what Chicago was like in the 70's,fireman are threatened by EMS.They worry that they can't compete on tests against us andbelieve EMS is ruining there job! I hear it all the time , i know its BS but thats what the dinosaurs believe.Fireman don't understand, because most are block heads,that you need to justify your high salaries and benefits.Ems and hazmat are the two growth areas of the fire service,ems never has a problem proving to the public why we are necessary!

WOW!

Is this the calibre of people you guys attract into emergency services in the US? Potentially the most childish act i've ever heard of "professionals" perpetrating. I wonder if some of your beloved FF's would rather spend their time stroking their own ego's than actually serving the public alongside other personnel including EMS for the common good, rather than their own hero status :roll:

That would be the latter, chief. Don't say the wrong things around the firemen. They're sensitive that way. WAAAAHHHHH I DON'T WANT EMS PEOPLE IN MY HOUSE!!! I'M A FIREMEN AND I ONLY WANT FIREMEN AROUND!!! WAAAAHHHHH!!! You get the drift.

I work with FF rarely but for the most part ive learned one widely held truth which applies in many situation, you scratch there (their? eh w.e no one said i can spell .. ) back they scratch yours.

Ive taken plenty of FF's on my bus, when they need it of course. and the FF's dont forget it :lol:

I'm 150% ems, but at the same time have had no problem with the FF's in brooklyn or queens where ive worked.

They have always been more then willing to help.

**shrugs**

lets all play nice

I work with FF rarely but for the most part ive learned one widely held truth which applies in many situation, you scratch there (their? eh w.e no one said i can spell .. ) back they scratch yours.

Ive taken plenty of FF's on my bus, when they need it of course. and the FF's dont forget it :)

I'm 150% ems, but at the same time have had no problem with the FF's in brooklyn or queens where ive worked.

They have always been more then willing to help.

**shrugs**

lets all play nice

This is true...once people are in front of their screens at home..opinions will fly but for the most part I know that once on the street everyone watches eachothers backs....because If you dont act like a brotherhood you should really hang it up.

AD REMOVED - ADMIN

This is true...once people are in front of their screens at home..opinions will fly but for the most part I know that once on the street everyone watches eachothers backs....because If you dont act like a brotherhood you should really hang it up.

What exactly are you saying? Why should I have any more respect for the firemonkeys than the mechanics who keep my ambo running safely? Or the clerk who makes sure I get paid correctly and on time? Or the guy who ships my supplies? Or, for that matter, the kid who bagged my french fries? They are all part of this mysterious "brotherhood." Without any one part, the whole team breaks down. The guys in that big red truck are no more important to me than any other cog in the wheel.

What exactly are you saying? Why should I have any more respect for the firemonkeys than the mechanics who keep my ambo running safely? Or the clerk who makes sure I get paid correctly and on time? Or the guy who ships my supplies? Or, for that matter, the kid who bagged my french fries? They are all part of this mysterious "brotherhood." Without any one part, the whole team breaks down. The guys in that big red truck are no more important to me than any other cog in the wheel.

Dust,

It's the difference between respect and collegiality. Yes I respect the man who serves me my midday meal as well, but it's a FD (or PD, for that matter) colleague that I expect to look out for me during an incident, and he may expect the same from me.

WM

I must remind everyone that I am from FDNY EMS Station 47. We also have FDNY Battalion 47, Engine 265, and Ladder 121 in the same building. We were the very first "Combined" house of Firefighters and EMS in the New York City.

Yes, a wall was erected between the Engine and Ladder Officer's office, and the EMS Officer's office, but that was so if either a firefighter or EMT or Paramedic wanted to discuss anything in private with their respective officer(s), the other officers would not have to be chased out of their offices to allow it.

In 3rd Watch, they often showed pranks being pulled by Firefighters on the Paramedics, and the reverse. In my combined house, the assorted supervisors would frown on that, no matter who was the instigator.

For convenience, we have 2 refrigerators, one "Fire" the other "EMS". There's an additional one for the not frequently used refrigerated items.

We have separate "communal" Men's and Ladies locker rooms, but the EMS folks are requested not to enter the bed areas of the house. Would you want someone coming into your bedroom, except immediate family?

There is no "big brass pole", as safety measures implemented prior to the building's construction wouldn't allow one to be installed.

And perhaps the biggest difference between "Reel" life and "Real" life is, no ambulance crew is supposed to be at the firehouse between calls, they all have specific street corners that they are supposed to be at, pursuant to a computer matrix that supposedly shows, by probability, where the population is, versus where the possible next call will be coming in from. This actually has some units pointed north on their intersection for the midnight to 8, east for the 8 to 4, and south for the 4 to midnight tours. We call it "Staging", like at a Multiple Casualty Incident. We don't like it, but it seems to work, most of the time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.