Equipment Usage + Creativity = ?

bbbrammer

dust-

don't know much about other systems, but in Israel we pretty much need authorization for most things that are not specifically mentioned on the protocol and in life danger situations.

however, we can do chest tubes when an m.d. is present...

the specific one i told about was done by an m.d., i just told him to use the ett when he dropped the original drain to the ground... and it worked beautifully :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LRGE-1079.jpg

I was thinking of getting that pen, so others borrowing it wouldn't walk off with it, but then realized it wouldn't fit in my uniform pocket.

Actually, one multiple purpose piece of equipment is the pillow, with cravat folded triangle bandages, really good for both cushioning and splinting!

not sure if this was mentioned before cause I have not kept up on this thread.

cut a empty IV bag at the bottom and put tape the bottom around a mag light.

Turn on themag light and you have an instant flourescent light torch.

kudos to Ken Bouvier(sic) for this.

cut a empty IV bag at the bottom and put tape the bottom around a mag light.

Turn on themag light and you have an instant flourescent light torch.

Thanks for the clarification!

When Ken told me that, he left out the part about the bag being empty. Consequently, it didn't work very well for me. :?

Man, you guys know "Boo-V-A"? I've been hoping to catch him at WEMSA the last couple years, but it hasn't worked out. I think it would be worth the drive to the big easy to see him teach in his own area. You guys gained some major points in my book.* I was able to at least go to a couple classes by Mike Smith.

* The points in my book are as useful as the points on "Whose line is it anyway?", but thanks for playing.

I did some work with Ken in the early days of PHTLS development and the NAEMT in the 80s.

Did a little riding along with him in the supervisor car. He's good people.

Amazing how many movers and shakers I knew from the 80s are still movers and shakers today. Bailing out on NAEMT ruined my chance to be one of the cool kids.

What is WEMSA?

www.wemsa.com

Sorry, Wisconsin EMS Association. But it's also how the annual WEMSA conference is referenced here. There are/have been a lot of great speakers like Bouvier, Mike Smith, Dan Limmer, two EMT's from the VT shootings, etc. (not braging or trying to sell it, just really enjoy going there). It's one of the best conferences in our area and is typically worth digging myself out of the snowbank for. Ken was there a couple times and I wasn't able to go due to self inflicted misery. I'm hoping to go next time he's there though. A couple of people I know who have met him or have gone to his seminars have had nothing but good things to say about him, personally and professionally.

Amazing how many movers and shakers I knew from the 80s are still movers and shakers today.

Yeah, kind of puts a damper on the "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." theory. It may be true in some cases, but those that who can do both well are invaluable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.