This Sucks!

What sucks? That is the question.

I am in the market for a couple of portable suction units and don't have enough recent experience with the current lot of contenders to make an educated choice. My previous unit had the yellow Laerdal LSU and it was okay, but we had battery failure problems. I always liked the SSCOR in the old days, but I have not used one in years, so I'm not sure how the newer models stack up.

Please help me out with your opinions and experiences.

Dust

Are you looking for manual or powered? On our van we carry a V-Vac Res-Q-Vac manual suction unit. It's small with plenty of suction and disposable. We like to use one to suction the contents of a can of "Chunky Stew" as a demonstration, you can empty a large can in about 20 seconds. Also no batteries to die or cords to lose.

Ooops, I should have clarified. I am very definitely looking for a powered suction unit. Must be portable, but will likely be used in the aid station just as often, if not more, than it is used in the field. Must have good suction, good battery life, and a battery that doesn't crap out if it doesn't get used much. Cost is not a consideration (I LOVE saying that! B) ).

I currently have the V-Vacs, and while I have not used them for anything more than experimenting with water and soup, I can say for sure that I hope I never have to use them in a real emergency. That's why I am ordering a couple of real suction units!

Gotta run. Back soon. Thanks!

Acquiring the equipment is not a problem. The problem is choosing which equipment I want to buy. That is why I am asking for y'alls help.

And, although I have not yet tried, I have a feeling that the Government purchasing people would balk at the idea of buying anything from eBay. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.