graduation from emt/ or paramedic school

thecroc

hello all i am wondering what you all did for graduation from you emt or paramedic class the class

i will hopefully gradate tuesday the 12th of dec then we have the nremt tests on thursday the 14th and friday the 15th

thanks for the reply

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as a ceremony or anything? Nothing here. I think they just handed out the course completion certificates and went over what we needed to do for NREMT and the local cert.

The head instructor took us out to lunch and drinks on him with all of our instructors and preceptors during the year. It was a lot more meaningful than any ceremony I've been too.

Professor took us out for Chinese and Saki, he gave us a short lecture on how our real education was just beginning. We know enough, just to kill someone, and that we took an obligation to continuing learning something new everyday.

Ironically, every one discussed how we were not going to stay in EMS very long... out of 12 of us that graduated 11 are still in EMS in some form or another, after 25+ years ago. From this class all worked in the field at least 12 years, and range from ER physicians, PA, flight nurse/paramedics etc... so you never can tell what a class can produce.

Congrats and good luck!

"Graduation" from EMT school is nothing to celebrate.

If you don't receive a degree at a college Baccalaureate ceremony, then your paramedic graduation is nothing to write home about either.

My second paramedic graduation was a celebratory ceremony, with formal presentations, punch and finger foods, and family and friends invited. There was no ceremony or party for the first, or for the EMT classes.

And I didn't attend any of my college graduation ceremonies. Or my HS graduation either. Who wants to hang out with those losers (and their feral kids) any longer than necessary? :D

Our instructor took us out for dinner as well after we reveiwed for our state finals. We had a class of 13 people and sadly, I think I am the only one who has stuck it out this long.

As for my Paramedic celebration, I can't allow myself to think that far ahead. I am preparing for finals next week (for 1st semester) and am a wreck. A graduation ceremony is offered but instead of attending, I am hoping to be working as a Paramedic that evening. That would be the best celebration I could possibly give myself.

Good luck next week! Let us know how things go, ok?

We had a big old graduation ceremony attended by the minister of health for the province and all that. We also had a big party afterwards which ended in drinking at a downtown bar. Long story short I got really drunk and the cops ended up on my doorstep at 0500 in the morning.......Gotta love trying to explain a case of mistaken identity while you are still pissed drunk :P

I hold Course Completion (Graduation) Ceremonies for my students.... At the First Responder level, it's just Pot Luck Dinner and Certificates. At the EMT-B Level, we do Dinner for the students, Thank You gifts for the Preceptors / Adjunct Instructors, Certificates, and usually some type of slide show (I take numerous pictures throughout the program).

In the past 75 + students, I've only had three not attend the ceremonies.... one was due to a previously scheduled vacation, one was in the hospital, and one just didn't want to come.

Jo

i have some news for you all tue day i took the class final and i passed the class (B+ avg) 84%on the final :lol::lol::lol: but today i took the nremt practical test and drum roll please.......... i have to re test on medical and tomorrow is the written test more to come soon

:shock: :? 8) :lol: :!: :?: :!: :?: :|:)