Pager 6th sense?

akroeze

Well it is interesting to see that this happens to many of us. What ever the case may be. This also happens to me. Fluid or electrical waves....don't know. But I was kinda freaked out that I would awake before the page. Nice to know that I am not the only one thinking how weird it really is. Maybe it's just to much time in the field.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about fluid time although it's always neat to entertain a totally different idea... we can't progress as a species without challenging existing ideas...and you would never want your 'thinking muscles' to stay inactive...

But I've noticed this sort of thing with my cell phone, my alarm clock, my cordless phone...and yep my pager too. If you ever listen without any other noises to take away, there is a quiet electronic something or other that occurs shortly before the object in question is going to ring/beep/whatever. I've worked in a telecommunications group for the last few years and have absorbed vague understandings of things from them... I figure there is a delay from the point the transmission originates, to where it is going...and as that transmission is coming through the recieving device is preparing to recieve it and that's what (over time) my body has recognized and wakes me up from.

As for knowing what kind of call... experience and 6th sense for sure.

nick46928, I can see where you're coming from...but let me explain where you went off into the ditch.

First, amongst friends "my theory" and "a theory" hold very different meanings. Her theory needs no proof as she was sharing it with us as friends...save you're bitch slapping comments (though funny) for when she submits it to a scientific journal.

Second, you made a common newbie mistake. Wanting to show everyone how smart you are, you accidently jumped on one of the smartest people on this board...Not a bad thing in and of itself, but you should have shown a little respect. Look at some of her previous posts and you'll see what I mean.

Third, be glad she is not the bitch slapping sort, as she is perfectly capable of of verbally smacking the shine off of your eyeballs...

You had some good points, I'm simply suggesting that before you take up a grand cause in the future that you get a feeling for the context of the post and that meant by the poster to save you looking so silly.

Disclaimer...Eydawn certainly doesn't need defending by the peanut gallery...I just happened to have a few minutes and decided to butt in..

Have a great day all.

Dwayne

I've had similar experiences, especially with the waking up before the call (and this was to a camp radio that wasn't linked in to a scanner system. No chatter beforehand- just waking up and grabbing the radio and my glasses and having it go off before I realized what I was doing) You don't talk about these kinds of things much to other people, because most people go A: you're nuts B: it's coincidence or C: Really? Can you talk to my dead grandmother?
I just went over this... My life is FULL of coincidences, many that end up saving me from trouble. I pickup the phone all the time when people I don't talk to regularly are about to call. BUT I think it's more likely to attribute it to a cause that has some likelihood based on scientific support than on a cause that has none really.

Here's my theory, there are 2 Wendy's on here posting, one as Eydawn and the other one is me.

Eydawn's theory is the element of brain matter, cells connecting to a ratio of little eletrical impulses which are called memory and thus these cells never forget, because it's picking up on the radio frequency waves as we speak.

If you think for a moment how powerful the mind is and what connects us to everything else, is the eletrical radio waves I believe, the Inter-connection of astro-physics of eletrical charges as in the atmosphere produced by eletrical strikes from lightning and whatever pulsates in the atmosphere will never disappate or disappear.

From my high school days Science 101.

nick46928, I can see where you're coming from...but let me explain where you went off into the ditch.

First, amongst friends "my theory" and "a theory" hold very different meanings. Her theory needs no proof as she was sharing it with us as friends...save you're bitch slapping comments (though funny) for when she submits it to a scientific journal.

Second, you made a common newbie mistake. Wanting to show everyone how smart you are, you accidently jumped on one of the smartest people on this board...Not a bad thing in and of itself, but you should have shown a little respect. Look at some of her previous posts and you'll see what I mean.

Third, be glad she is not the bitch slapping sort, as she is perfectly capable of of verbally smacking the shine off of your eyeballs...

You had some good points, I'm simply suggesting that before you take up a grand cause in the future that you get a feeling for the context of the post and that meant by the poster to save you looking so silly.

Disclaimer...Eydawn certainly doesn't need defending by the peanut gallery...I just happened to have a few minutes and decided to butt in..

Have a great day all.

Dwayne

I am open to any rebuttal she has for my post. Once again, everyone here needs to realize that I don't intend for these to be "little outburst" like Dust said. I may come off that way sometimes but I don't have bad intentions. I am not here to make enemies so please don't take it as such.

As far as her being smarter than me, I am open to a good debate to decide the validity of that comment.

As youse guys know, I have been doing EMS work for over 3 decades. I know of one time ...

In June, 1975, a member of my VAS woke up from a nap, and chilled the room by stating that we were about to have a plane crash.

A few hours later, Eastern Airlines Flight 66, coming into JFK International Airport, crashed on final approach from a wind shear microburst thunderstorm, with just the first 10 feet of the Boeing 727 inside the airport perimeter fence, killing 113 souls aboard (I don't remember how many survivors, but it was less than 10).

Then, again, I, and most here, can predict the score of any 2 team game before it begins. It is always nothing to nothing, BEFORE THE GAME BEGINS.

As far as her being smarter than me, I am open to a good debate to decide the validity of that comment.

Sounds sort of pointless to me.

I can't see that many people here being interested in a debate just to determine who the second and third smartest people here are. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.