Relief on scene

paraloco

If you are willing to asume whatever care they have performed and they are willing to turn over to you there should be no problem.

I have done this on a few occassions, however this whole situation is negated by the simple courtesy of arriving to work 30 mins prior to the start of your shift. If they are out uppon your early arrival, then they can finish what they started. However if they catch another call after clearing the current one, my partner and I would take a POV and meet them on scene and switch out. Its just a courtesy and respect issue.

I've done that a few times...It was funny later because I'm so short and sit very close to the steering wheel in my car....2 big tall guys that I had to relieve on calls a few times ended up driving my car back....one guy said that he felt like he was in a clown car the way he scrunched himself up.

In other cases, we've even taken another rig to meet one on scene or rendezvous at some point.

Most of the time, we do wait it out and let the crew finish their call.

We don't normally do that. We are a city/suburban service with short call times.

If there is a fire/hazmat, we will gladly relieve on scene.

Every now and again, the rural truck will have a late call. Some times they will drive past the station on the way to the hospital. In that case, it has happened.

Agree with AK....I arrive at work 30 min prior to my shift and cover anything that happens after that. If a call comes in prior to that then it is referred to as a "Bone Tone" and you will be compensated with the extra time on your next paycheck. I find it comical how the people who want someone to come and relieve them will be the same ones who show up at 0759hrs for shift at 0800......

And to think when I saw the topic I thought its was going to be about having to reveive ones self while on scene. I guess my mind justs stays in the gutter, but I bet there are some good stories out there......

And to think when I saw the topic I thought its was going to be about having to reveive ones self while on scene. I guess my mind justs stays in the gutter, but I bet there are some good stories out there......

Ooooh! Great topic idea! :thumbright:

If you don't get your mind out of the gutter, we may have to make you an honorary Canadian. :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.