Atheist nightmare...the bannana

DwayneEMTP

why didn't I notice that

Yeah, yeah. What they don't show is the fossil record: layers upon layers of extinct species that died out because they failed to adapt, some with leathery or scaly skins, some bent at 90° angles, some with fur, some with spikes. The modern banana survived its hardier competitors because of its highly ethical cooperative social organization. Prior to domestication, when an aggressor threatened the bunch, one banana would sacrifice itself to a violent and painful death, surrendering to its predator in apparent desperation, but actually knowing its peel would be discarded on the ground and expose the banana-tribe's enemy to slipping, falling, and disabling itself. In earlier epochs this gave the rest of the bunch time to scatter. A remnant of this primitive migratory capacity is evident in the unique property of bananas, that they mature best off the vine, having bred themselves for isolation at a young age. Today, of course, bananas could not survive without their symbiotic relations to humanoid societies, though they often show atavistic traits of conformity (herding), feigned self-destructive impulses (which sometimes go awry), and unpredictable vacillation between group-association and rigid autonomy that the individual specimen is unequipped to withstand, a behavioral relic of their ancient fight for survival. Through the mutual inter-species influence among paleobiological prototypes, these traits survive today in the descendant of banancestors: the modern human teenager.

How does he explain an apple I wonder?

What's wrong with the explanation of the apple that the Serpent gave? Anyone have a problem with it?

Edit - Confession: I wuz pwned :oops: . I composed this post on the misunderstanding that the video was a satire. After I followed the links within the links below, and read the bio of the spokesman, and saw the original context, I realized, under protest, that it wasn't. I apologize to myself. Oy vey.

Second Edit - Just so there's no additional misunderstanding, I don't really think teenagers descended from bananas. Obviously it was grapes.

Of course, a chimpanzee has the same capability to grip, open, and eat the banana. I am amazed that they don't see that one coming.

:lol: The kind of folks that offer up this type of theory as scientific evidence tend to miss the obvious I think...

Dwayne

That was a lovely counter point. I thoroughly enjoyed that!

Now I wasnt thinking of that route for a counter argument, however I did think of several different types of bananas which makes that argument flawed. Do they think we are so ignorant as to believe there is only one type of banana? There are almost as mnay variations of bananas on this world as there are apples.

For example, in the Philippines, the bananas are very tiny, some only 3 inches in length. They also are hard to peel and most of them are not curved. The best time to eat them(meaning when they are ripe) is when they are dark/black on the outside. If they are yellow they are too firm and not as tasty. I know this from personal experience. What about plantains? Are they in the same family? Are they a "banana".

I dont know...things that make you go Hmmmmm....

argument flawed

That's why I thought it was a satire, and why I tried to respond in kind.

Some will recall what happened when a certain fruit appeared to be "good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise," namely the Eve's and Adam's Fall from Paradise. Down here it hasn't become easier to distinguish nutritional mana from banana from baloney. Just yesterday there was an article in the paper (again) about the hazards of harvesting wild mushrooms for consumption:

>Every now and then, someone succumbs. Two elderly brothers died near Bordeaux two years ago after eating deadly “death caps,” or Amanita phalloide, which account for most mushroom fatalities. They apparently mistook the pale gray fungus for “agaric des bois,” known in the United States as wood mushrooms.<

>Mr. Villiere, 53, dismisses those concerns and insists that it is hard to mistake the most delectable fungi from toxic varieties. But following him through the woods proves otherwise. A novice accompanying him on a recent trip repeatedly picked what looked like cèpes only to be told they were “Satan’s boletes,” which “would give you a good purge” if eaten, Mr. Villiere said. He sliced open each specimen, and the white flesh quickly turned a telltale inky blue.

Doubting foragers can take their fungi to any French drugstore for an expert opinion because all pharmacists here are trained mycologists. In rural areas, they regularly sort through baskets of mushrooms, picking out the toxic ones.<

So does this make God homicidal or just careless? And are thorns God's way of telling us to avoid berries? And are lobster and oyster meat then naturally sealed in order to facilitate keeping kosher, and is that why pigs bite? What about the toxins in soy and comfrey, not to mention harder drugs?

When I realized the banana banter wasn't a satire, I was sad to see such poor reasoning invoked to support (what I think is) a noble cause, as if to give a bad name to both faith and reason. And the whole project of running out to convert other people in whom one shows no other interest strikes me as offensive and appealing too much to the pride of the conquerer. But bad advertising can still push a good product, and if this works for anyone, or even gets people to think, so much the better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.