I nead your opinions on a MVA call that I went on.Thankx

ghurty

Asysin, I dont think that particular technique was being questioned. What was being questioned was the original poster has said there was a center console that involved having to elevate the patient over in order to get them on the board. If there is nothing in the center it is a smooth transition as you are aware. Plus, in this instance, the EMT had the pt llift themselves to get on the board due to choosing this method of exit.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what he said. It is just the nuances of this particular case presentation that make the technique undesirable. If space, manpower, and expertise allowed for a smoother transition, then there would not be a problem with going out the passenger door.

How about if she is wicked hott with just a Boston accent. :thumbleft:

Oooh! I see potential in that combination!

Although, I think I may know her. I have dated the only hott chick in Boston already. :lol:

I am realitively new, only a EMT-B, but willing to learn. Can comeone explain or give a link to this NEXUS which is being so hotly debated. I thought NEXUS was an expensive luxury car, oh wait, that LEXUS>

Thanks.

Sarge

"The Canadian C-Spine Rule versus the NEXUS Low-Risk Criteria in Patients with Trauma"

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/349/26/2510

You may have to register (for free) to see the entire article. But if you aren't already registered at NEJM, then you aren't very serious about medical education anyhow. It is very much worth it.

The above article lays out the criteria of both protocols and compares them for accuracy as predictors. The results, in a nutshell are:

• Canada wins again. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.