EMS Flight Cost

rukascrew

Hello, I am an Engineer at Penn State University. We are researching a device that can replicate a life-flight system. This could be similar to a UAV. Can anyone help me find statistics on the actual, or typical costs of a life flight? I have heard all sorts of numbers, and I am looking for a more concrete number.

Thank You!

Brent

bmanges@gmail.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The typical cost for a life flight varies as to how far they had to go, what procedures were done, etc.

However the average cost is in the 10K-20K range.

What is UAV? Are you referring to an unmanned life flight response? If so, search this forum as I have already started a thread in regards to this very device. Our Israeli friends already have such a device and are field testing it now to hopefully have it implemented with a year or two.

Yes, It is simliar to an unmanned drone. Could you perhaps point me to the thread about the isreali system? Our team will have a system with multiple capabilities, but this is very interesting!! Also, do you have a more concrete source where I can link to for fligth cost?

Thanks!

As for the actual cost of a flight...Good Luck!

Walk up to any car dealer and ask him what is the bottom dollar they will take for a vehicle, think you will get a response?

You will not find actual quoted prices as the flight industry is highly competitive. No one wants to post prices for many reasons...competition for one and people being afraid to call or utilize it due to the cost second.

Several services I have worked for will even negotiate prices. This usually occurs on long distance transfers, but insurance companies will call several different companies shopping for the best deal.

As for the unmanned Israeli drone, I could only find the info that I originally cut and pasted. You just will have to do more research on your own. Hope it helps.

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph...ighlight=#82897

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.