Anybody work concert venues?

ptfd121

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive worked a lot of concerts. the transfer company i worked for did a ton of standbys, they did it so the employees could get a taste of 911 stuff they said. i have later found out that its just better to work for a 911 service :? !

concerts were alot of fun though, specially when it was bands i liked. id stay up front by the pit and watch as much as possible.

i worked at a medical convention once and walked away with a TON freebies they gave me!

We just renewed our license for another year of concert fun. We'll start the season off in May, then work concerts until around October. Usually the same bands, Ekoostic Hookah and the Insane Clown Posse, these will be our biggest shows. The Hookah show will be three days, the ICP show usually lasts about 5 days, 24 hours a aday at both shows. Last year I did 60 hours at the ICP show, plus I have an ambulance golf cart that I rented out for a few hundred dollars to the guy wjo owns the company I work for.

We work out of a 20 x 60 circus style tent. We wall it off on the inside for patient privacy. We'll even have an area in the back just for us. We set up a kitchen in the back and cook our own food. I usually bring my camper to sleep in. Nothing like having an air conditioned place to take a nap in in the middle of a hot August day after a grueling 24 hour shift.

My service has HEAPS of events over new years:

Robbie Williams: 50,000 Crowd

New Years Eve: They run first aid posts all over the Melbourne CBD dealing with all those drunks and bashings.

Pyramid Rock: 20,000 Crowd

Summerdayze: Same again

Tribadelic: Drug Fest 10,000 people stoned out of there brains!

As well as a lot of more local events.

These events are normally staffed with at least 60+ First Aid staff, doctors, paramedics, nurses.

Then we have the Big Day Out lol

This is a major outdoors music event! About 90,000 people attend in extreme heat and there normally pack in there like sardines! We run a Hospital and 4 first aid posts. About 90 first aid staff with doctors, nurses and paramedics, Trauma teams and what ever else they can get there hand on...

This years line up! Muse, Jet, Eskimo Joe, The Streets, The Killers, John Butler Trio, My Chemical Romance, Evermore, Something for Kate, The Butterfly Effect ! 8)

Don’t you wish you could come!!! :P:lol:

As well as ambulances we use these to get around on:

CATSangle.jpg

• 1 month later...

I work for a company called Hart Medical in Detroit. My main assignment is the State Theatre in Detroit. It is a 3000 seat theatre and we do 150-200 concerts a year along with a club night every Saturday. Along with this we have several other concert venues of this size or larger. We do all the festivals at Hart Plaza in Detroit, the Detroit fireworks, all the major conventions at Cobo Hall including the North American International Auto Show, Auto Rama, and the SAE convention. We do Warped Tour when it is in Detroit, and we were the main provider for the Superbowl (except for the game itself) We had the downtown festival called winter blast, the NFL experience and 90% of the parties thaat went down that week (including Playboy, yes!!!!) and many other things that weekend.

Yes I love my job! 8)

• 4 months later...
Why does this thread ask me for a username and password in a pop-up when I load it?

I consider you one of the smart guys around here, so I'm surprised you didn't figure it out on your own.

Notice that the pop-up is addressed from http://www.sjaa.com.au/ . That's St. John's Ambulance in Australia, which means the problem is probably coming from an Aussie member's post. So, you go to page 1 and what do you see? Four posts by Timmy, who sports an Aussie flag. So, you scroll down to his fourth post at the bottom of the page, and what's that at the bottom of the post? A big red X where a photo he posted no longer shows up. Click on the properties of that red X and you see it comes from http://members.sjaa.com.au/members/homepag...g/CATSangle.jpg . Plug that link into a browser and try to go there and what happens? You get the password pop-up from SJAA.

Yeah... I shoulda been a cop. :|

Gosh dust, State the obvious won't ya. I also went to the site it referred to and said, Dan't it Timmy, what are you trying to do Hijack my computer.

NO NO NO NO = but I digress.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.