Thought I'd say hello

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I'm Phil and am an Advanced Technician working for the North East Ambulance Service (NEAS) NHS Trust. I've been qualified 3 years and have recently passed my Paramedic entrance exams.....just waiting for a course now :shock:

Welcome, Brits!

I can say that this is going to be interesting, if you guys get active. Since joining this site I have learned a great deal about the American system, but the European systems are still pretty mysterious to me. I get the impression from the few posts I have read that there are some major differences from the Canadian system(s) but hopefully I'll be able to figure things out.

Have fun,and educate us all!

Another reprobate from the UK forum here.

Lived most of my life in sunny Scotland, manage to get back twice a year for a beer and a scrap. Have lived in NY for six years. Occupation / EMS as per profile.

Have a few old friends in the UK in both nursing and the NHS ambulance service, and we regularly swap tales...different systems from the US but with a common goal. Both have their good points and bad points.

Zippy, my guess is you are in Notts (or is that too obvious?)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.