What is the best EMS shirt line you've ever seen....

bbbrammer

I agree - funny in the community - not so funny out in the rest of the world. That said for me the funniest are the "Thank you for your continued support" T-shirts. Come in various versions. One such version:

[align=center:06d3c334d2]Feed the Bears

Let the kids ride the Moose

Take a dive off a Cruise Ship

Forget your Mosquito Repellent

Drive 35 on that Scenic Highway

We Thank You for Your Support

Alaska EMS[/align:06d3c334d2]

Another personal favorite that I recently found that goes along with the "FF Heroes" Tee from earlier [i apologize to all of my FF friends :lol: right now]

[align=center:06d3c334d2]"Real paramedics don't roll hose"[/align:06d3c334d2]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was he listing to port or just going around in circles? :D :twisted:

lol... it's just so funny to see.

I feel like I have a lot when I have just my keynote pager and cell phone on my hip when I'm on call (hence I put them in my pocket usually instead. I don't know how he could do that many.

It's one thing when you're actually at work... something different when you're on call.

I think Steve Berry stated it best as he quoted a famous comedian, ""You can't fix stupid!" and thank God for that because we would all be out of a job. Our job as EMS personnel is to fix up the stupid so they can go out and do it all over. Now that's job security. You have to have humor in EMS or it rips away at your inner self so go ahead and laugh at your patient but please wait until you get back to the station!!" Thank you Mr. Berry.

That being said, I personally don't wear t-shirts that I feel degrades us as professionals but I do look at them via the internet and get a few good laughs. My fav. is the ff needs a hero too. My son saw it and said he wants to get it but would have to change it up a little. "My mom is an EMT because ff need heros too". He's a ff. Thought that was great. The only shirts I wear that advertise my career is a an EMT Sweatshirt given to me by my kids and my uniform.

• 4 weeks later...
You know, in my vivid imagination, I can see in my mind's eye the type of person who would display a bumpersticker such as the one named above, and I'd like to tell you all a little story about him. If you don't want to read all of this, or you just don't quite get the point and need it spelled out for you, please refer to the Cliff Note marked with an asterix (*) at the end for a nice summation.

This person is an overweight fellow in his mid 30's, comfortably employed in the food service industry, who uses volunteer EMS to fill the void in his life most people fill with friends, family, and significant others. He lives in his parent's basement, it cluttered with stacks of Galls, Starlog magazines, and Victoria's Secret catalogues despite the fact he hasn't had a girlfrined since the Macarena was in style. One day as he flips the pages of a tome filled with equipment that no person in EMS, living or dead, has ever found a situation that they would need it. Suddenly, his mouth hangs agape as half eaten Cheetoes fall across the page, there, staring up at him, is what he has been looking for all his life, a single phrase, so clever and original that sums up perfectly what he and all the rest of his volunteer squad know, that they are really the difference between life and death.

His bank account is a litle short because of the Star of Life tatoo he just got, but he has just enough to pay for his prize, plus the shipping and handling, and soon, very soon, he is able to slap that baby over one of the many rust spots on his 1986 Yugo, fitted with a strobe pack who's cost could have put him through a year at Harvard. He can't wait to show it off to the members of his squad and with as much power as the Yugo's engine will muster, radio scanner cranked up, he tears off to his squad's building, strobe pack causing corneal damage across the land scape, people everywhere wondering what the hell a Yugo is doing with a lightbar.

He shows off his prize possession to the other former members of the A/V club, and with nasal snorts and guffaws, they high five each other, knowing this time they've shown those lousy paramedics up but good. The others invite him in for a night filled with root beer and gummy bears, and he accepts, but stops just for a moment, to blow a kiss through the garage door at his 'baby', a 2007 6 wheel drive fully armored Freightliner ambulance, which he has pictures of plastered all over his room right next to the Britney Spears posters, the ones where she was younger and looked less obviously like white trash.

And as he falls asleep that night with a little smile on his face, confident in knowing now, now the world will know what has been a secret all this time... With out EMT's, paramedics would all spontaeneously combust in mass fits of panic. And somewhere in the darkness, a paramedic who caught a glimpse of the Yugo blowing by him with N'Sync blaring, observing the lightbar, the driver, and to top it all off the bumpersticker on his way home from another overtime shift because he makes half of what comparably trained people make, wants to shoot himself in the face with a bazooka, and considers that job at the sewage treatment plant just a little bit more. The End.

*Cliff note - Anybody who has a bumpersticker that says anything about EMT's

saving paramedics is a f---ing loser.

LOL-very well put asys. :lol:

Something I am seeing a lot of in this thread and others is how we are viewing our patients. Stupid, retarded, ect. just doesn't set well with me (and yes, I have a great sense of humor). Of all the shirts that others posted here, the feeling that our patients are stupid and/or retarded makes even the tackiest shirt seem pretty harmless. And we wonder why we are not viewed as professionals.....

Let's not take ourselves so seriously remember we don't save lives we just prolong peoples miserable existence.

But seriously when we publicly downgrade our patients it does hurt our attempts to be viewed as medical professionals. Yes we need humor but lets keep it with our peers, just like when we need to vent we keep it with our peers. Before ya'll say it maybe I need to vent a little less and I'll pass that on to all my personalitys. :o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.