What is the best EMS shirt line you've ever seen....

bbbrammer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I'm new here, but figured I'd throw my .02 in.

I don't really support the shirts that make the profession look bad, nor do I agree with the "stupidity of patients" shirts.

However, what's bothered me the most throughout this thread, and forum-wide for that matter, is that most of the people here seem to be in the mindset that "vollies" are inferior, or not worthy of being in EMS (keep in mind...that's just the feeling i get).

Now, before a flame war is started against me, because yes, I'm a vollie, I want to say that i'm not one of those guys who uses EMS to fill the void in life where friends/etc usually do. I do it to give the community support, since we're so rural it's not feasible to maintain a full-time department/service. I do it IN ADDITION to my full-time profession. I joined this forum with the assumption that there would be some good information and shared viewpoints on various topics that I find interesting, and though I HAVE found that, I'm not sure it's worth the frustration of all the "vollie" comments or "paragod" mentalities to stick around. :?

Lee

Hey, I'm new here, but figured I'd throw my .02 in.

I don't really support the shirts that make the profession look bad, nor do I agree with the "stupidity of patients" shirts.

However, what's bothered me the most throughout this thread, and forum-wide for that matter, is that most of the people here seem to be in the mindset that "vollies" are inferior, or not worthy of being in EMS (keep in mind...that's just the feeling i get).

Now, before a flame war is started against me, because yes, I'm a vollie, I want to say that i'm not one of those guys who uses EMS to fill the void in life where friends/etc usually do. I do it to give the community support, since we're so rural it's not feasible to maintain a full-time department/service. I do it IN ADDITION to my full-time profession. I joined this forum with the assumption that there would be some good information and shared viewpoints on various topics that I find interesting, and though I HAVE found that, I'm not sure it's worth the frustration of all the "vollie" comments or "paragod" mentalities to stick around. :? Lee

Stay with the site. Don't get upset. Enjoy peoples experience. I to used to volly. I felt rural could not pay. After looking back it is clear rural areas find money to celebrate holidays etc. This money could be redirected to at least pay per call. Still not much but a step towards professional EMS. As a full time paid medic and former volly looking at things from both sides it is clear that governments can find funding for anything they want, just look into in your area. Start small and work to improve the EMS in your area.

Welcome to the site.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen it on a t-shirt but I kinda liked a saying I saw on someone elses web page....... didn't care for the pix that went with it but anyway....

Racing the Reaper!

I feel like sometimes that is truely what we do......

I have one shirt that says: "Merconium Happens""PHAS" in small letters on the front and a large start of life on the back.

I wear it to conferences and the like, I also just got a shirt from a trauma conference I went to in the Big Horn Mtns but it doesn't have any smart assed comments on it, just where it was and a pic on the back of the mountains.....

Hey Guys,

Here is one of my favorite T-shirts of all time. Although it isn't directly EMS, Down here in Florida you have to be double certed to get a job. . . Anyway, one of our shirts were

MCFD Find em HOT and leave em' Wet. . .

Just a cute little kicker bound to put a smile on most peoples faces. . . .

Becca

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.