To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

Back on topic please....you know "Meet and Greet".

As for the tangent, there are numerous threads regarding the subject, just use the search function.

Yes admi....I mean AK. Sorry to get distracted.

Welcome all you new people. I look forward to helping you in the forums. All opinions are welcome as long as they are in agreement with mine. :twisted: ;):D:lol::lol:

Well, I cant say as I appreciate being insulted so completely.. that my experience in EMS as a practice/ view point matters so little that its ok to just go ahead and ignore me. I didnt realize this Forum was about one person being so right that any other opinion is incorrect and completely irrelevant...Especially considering in EMS there is never one and only one absolutely correct answer.

Well, *deep breath* here goes...

My name is Chris and Im a 23 y/o EMT-B in the State of Connecticut. Ive been volunteering for about 5 years and working paid for about a year, both in various agencies in south central and south eastern CT. I started as an MRT then got my EMT a year later because I actually wanted to do patient care rather than twiddle my thumbs, and year later got my FF1.

I actually fell into this. I grew up in a Fire/EMS family so I knew all the locals including the local cops and staties. I wanted nothing to do with it... (I wanted to be an airforce fighter pilot *laughs, yea right*). Anyways shortly after my grandmother passed away, when I was 16, a family freind encouraged me to take the MRT class she was teaching, and it just went from there. It started as a hobby in which I never took seriously and kinda got into some trouble... then in recent years it has become my true passion.

ha.. i probably should of done this when i first signed up.. anyways better late than never! :oops:

so my name is Ivonne i'm 24 y/o living in the central florida area (Kissimmee). i moved here about a year and a half ago from Jersey (northern). Back home i was an EMT and i started out as a volunteer in wny ems.. i then went on to work for North Bergen EMS and UMDNJ ( Newark campus). living in Kissimmee is completely different to what i'm use to but i've grown to adapt ( well a little bit ).. i am not in field any longer.. decided to take a break , so i'm a dispatcher! (lol) for osceola fire/rescue and i'm currently going to nursing school as well. yup that pretty much sums it all up for me 8)

Howdy, Welcome, Greetings & Salutations, and all that jazz, to those who have signed up since my last post here. Remember, have fun. :D

Well, I cant say as I appreciate being insulted so completely.. that my experience in EMS as a practice/ view point matters so little that its ok to just go ahead and ignore me. I didnt realize this Forum was about one person being so right that any other opinion is incorrect and completely irrelevant...Especially considering in EMS there is never one and only one absolutely correct answer.

But there is one absolute in EMS I am always right. :roll:

Just kidding and if I have offended I apologize. Welcome to the city. Look forward to your future forum posts.

:wink: HI from East Texas, my name is Michele and I started the EMT basic class in June and I'm nervous as a cats tail under 50 rockers. I just found this site this morning so I'll be fumbling for a while it seems. I hope to make some friends here to help get me through the national registry test...ugh...scarey !!!

:wink: HI from East Texas, my name is Michele and I started the EMT basic class in June and I'm nervous as a cats tail under 50 rockers. I just found this site this morning so I'll be fumbling for a while it seems. I hope to make some friends here to help get me through the national registry test...ugh...scarey !!!

Don't worry, we've all fumbled around here in the beginning, and some of us still do. Welcome, relax, have fun.

hey how r y'all i'm scott from georgia i'm a paramedic cpt. been in ems for 10 years

Howdy, you are round'a'bout where Mateo is/was. I lost track of the young'un.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.