What time is shift change for you?

Nate

What time is your shift change?  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

We switched from 0800 to 0700 a few years ago, because of all the morning calls we were getting. My truck can bet on getting a call right before or after shift change, usually Maw Maw fell and can't get up. I try to get there 15 minutes before, to run a test strip on the LP12 for the daily report, check oil and fuel levels, etc. Actually I watch my trainee do all this stuff, same difference. Builds character. We get wake up tones at 0600, to finish what still needs doing. (taking out trash, getting times from dispatch if the MDC was down, face sheets faxed. etc.) I like 0700. would like 0600 better. Could get home & slip into bed with the Mrs. Paraloco before she has to get up, could see my kids in the mornings.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have an average of about 15-20 vehicles running at a time with switch off times starting (depending on the location) at the following times

0600 - 2 transporting units (PCP/ACP) and 1 ACP first responce vehicle (aka the clock stoppers)

0630 - 1 transporting vehicle

0700 - 6 (sometime 7 or 8 ) transporting vehicles (2 PCP/PCP all the rest PCP/ACP or ACP/ACP) 3 ACP first response vehicles

0730 - 1 transporting vehicle (PCP/PCP)

0800 - 1 (2 during up staff) transporting vehicle (ACP/PCP) 1 ACP first response vehicle

0900 - 1 PCP B!tch crew (PCP/PCP) for out of town transfers and interfacility transfers (we have 3 hospitals and 1 psych hospital and many other places for pt's to go)

Also 1 supervisor (ACP) first response vehicle which does actually respond quite often.

The 0700h and 0730 vehicles are usually the busiest being in the city core, except today I was 0600-1800h and I did 9 runs 6 of them high acuity.

For the one department I work for, shift change is varying depending on whether you are on for 12 or 24. It's either 8 am or 8 pm. At the fire department, 10 am is shift change. We like it late 'cause most of us drive a ways to get there and don't have to wake up early, and we don't end up on shift late from other services. (the one department has a 12 hour delay before you can begin shift there)

We have completely eliminated the problem here. Instead of working 24's, we work 24/7. There is no shift change. We simply never go off shift. :?

My service went to mainly 13 hour shifts, this gives an hour of overlap to give report, bullshit and have coffee......we weldom catch a late run. We still do 24's on occasion though we actually doa 25...in at 0600 and off at 0700.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.