I Slap Your Face With My Latex Glove, And Challenge YOU:

"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -- Elinor Smith

How exactly are you "leading"? You find a pet cause, bluster about it for a bit, allow someone to offer an opposing view, then ignore the responses? How is this leadership? It smells distinctly of Captain Bligh. Saying and doing are significantly different things. You want to discuss improvements, no matter how small? Then listen to some of the responses that are given to you. You want to "challenge" people and agencies you have never seen or met? How can you possibly make any value judgement for or against them?

My point was, no one, and EMS personnel in particular, want to hear from a cheerleader with no earthly idea what will need to happen to effect a change.

So, I suggested a small change, dosed with heavy sarcasm. How is professionalism a small change? Keep your answer to yourself, because I'm willing to bet most here do not need your view of it shoved down their throat. Is it realistic? Of course not. Neither is expecting anyone to make a grand, sweeping change in the next month. I suggested making a small change to the professionalism of one's appearance. Sarcasm aside, this is about all that an individual will be able to accomplish in this ridiculous timeframe.

Take as many reputation points as you feel you need to. My point is made.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this for real? This feels like the cyber version of a crazy man yelling at me on the street.

I don't think anyone here needs your validation to be considered a professional. Especially those that have obviously been around here for a long time and have proven themselves to be leaders without having to affix the title squarely on their own chest. :roll:

Just out curiosity... What's the prehospital M&M in your system?

Also in addition to the last statement i just made I will say this. We have been able to 'debate' many hotbutton issues here long before you came without them degenerating into flame fests. We can 'discuss' many things in opposing with opposing views passionately because that is part of what makes us good at what we do. That being said, those threads weren't started with the sole intention of initiating trouble! Well said everyoen else above!!! Food for thought,

ACE844

Please start over and read the post again. I did not mandate that you make a major change, quite the opposite, I asked for any small change. And i have not given or taken any reputation points from anyone, as I do not believe in that tool. The problem with this site, is that it is full of a bunch of blowhards (not saying you) who prop themselves up as experts, and sit around waiting on a newbie to ask a stupid question so that they make themselves look important.by chopping the newbies head off with sarcasm and sited studies. I have asked tough questions, maybe those questions have made some realize that they are not as perfect as they thought. I have not proclaimed myself to be god, or told anyone what they have to do. I have asked the tough questions, and then let the forum process work its magic. Making sausage isnt always pretty, but everyone needs to realize that just because i asked the question, doesnt mean you answer is wrong -- or that you are a bad person. There is no reason that two adults can not differ, without getting into a name-calling shout match. Instead of attacking me personally, why cant we just agree to disagree. I know I dont have all the answers, why is everyone else so sure that their answer is the only one that can be right. But again, can we just remove the emotion and stick to facts ?

sounds like we touched a nerve -- if any of that is true, why do you still work there ? I would leave the industry before i would work for someone that is unethical.

Easy everyone. For once this can be considered a valid question.

Yes, it is true. The first was how they paid overtime. Then was how they resolved the overtime issue. The second was a claim of insider trading and having access to bids for service with the intent of underbidding the competition.

The simple answer is I *DON'T* work there anymore. I quit and moved on to a much better opportunity.

The not so simple answer is...well...not so simple. With that said, there is something to be said for PRPG's comment regarding being an adult. Sometimes the responsibility of taking care of my self with regards to having housing, food to eat etc...has to be considered. I will tell you, though, that once all this went down I started to look for a new job. I wasn't any more comfortable working for this guy than I was being in the same room with him. But sometimes you gotta do things or tolerate things you'd rather not.

From my perspective, I wasn't compromising any of my principles by staying there. I wasn't doing anything wrong, immoral or illegal. My standing among my coworkers and patients was not affected. I was working to try and resolve the illegal practices taking place. And besides, I had a job to do. I could ignore the boss. I couldn't ignore my responsibilities.

Does this answer your question?

-be safe.

This is simple. You work to live. Regardless of situation. Im sure Medic Mike was there because of the wonderful staff, good municipal benefits, and attractive civil service compensation for retirement?

Just a THOUGHT, NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW FOR SURE OR ANYTHING.

Hmmmmm...it's a possibility! ;)

And to clarify my position on leaving the company -- that is not a high-horse answer because i am too good to work there -- but if the employer will cheat the customer and defy the law, how do you have any assurance that your 401k statement is accurate. How do you know if he has been paying payroll taxes completely ? If they break the rules and cheat, they will cheat you -- and one day you will come to work and find chains on the door, and will have to find a job ---at the same time all your co-workers are.

Please start over and read the post again.
Done

I did not mandate that you make a major change' date=' quite the opposite, I asked for any small change. [/quote']Done