Short Transport times

"Dustdevil"

There are some good services here and some bad, I don't think that having 2 ALS providers on the truck makes it better just because of that, there are many services with basic + medic that give excellent care as well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes take a bit longer if the pt is stable. If the pt is critical I get loaded up. We work on dual ALS trucks and respond in a targeted ALS system. If the pt is critical then my partner and I get the BLS crew to drive us in and both of us work in the back. I do agree that having a dual ALS truck allows you to get a lot accomplished. Our transports are around 5-7 minutes where I work. I did a very sick hypotensive inferior/posterior/RV MI call the other day and we had the pt in our care for 13 minutes total and managed to get everything done on the way to the cath lab.

All right, you know, kids, I could post some of the stories some of the crews who work at my station came back with after FDNY EMS went and helped get Upstate out from underneath all that water this summer, but I won't. See, Dust I expect stuff from, but all the rest of you can take a long walk off of a short pier. Tell all of your "EMT-CC's" that they're not really ALS and never will be. :lol:

• 1 year later...
a waste of time..by the time you get anything done..you would have been at the ER 5 minutes ago

wow im sorry but that post was lacking any substance. OHH!!! LOOK!!! thats your third post...Go have fun in the chat room buddy :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Short transport are not generally a problems were I am, as we are a bit short on hospitals here. Buts its not unusual for someone to turn up at the hospital in a car, and for the nurses to ask for our help. There was recently a 999 call the the doctors quarters at my local hospital. By the time the an abulance was availaible and responded, they would have been quicker making the 2 min walk to the emergency depatment for a wheel chair or trolley.

The question fro me would be, is there any benifit to the patient in staying on scene longer, rather than moving rapidly to hospital. This would hold true fr any distance. Like others have said I would do what I could for the patient in the time I had with them. If any one critasized the fact that I had not done done something then, they are the ones that would look bad. Most of the people at my local hospital are quite understanding of how we work. Some times the junior Drs can get a bit funny but, they are usually corrected by the nurses.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a call last week and we were dispatched to the ambulance entrance at the hospital we just left. We arrived on scene to find 3 PD officers surrounding a homeless man in his 50's just 50 feet away from the ER entrance. We were still on Hospital property, we were in the fricking driveway. So the cops put the guy on a 5150 for threating to "kill himself" cause his buddy died today. We were on scene at hospital in one breath. Walked him into the ER and the cops bailed. Gotta love short transports.

I got a call last week and we were dispatched to the ambulance entrance at the hospital we just left. We arrived on scene to find 3 PD officers surrounding a homeless man in his 50's just 50 feet away from the ER entrance. We were still on Hospital property, we were in the fricking driveway. So the cops put the guy on a 5150 for threating to "kill himself" cause his buddy died today. We were on scene at hospital in one breath. Walked him into the ER and the cops bailed. Gotta love short transports.

Using local codes is generally not a good idea. I'm betting pretty much nobody here knows what a 5150 is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.