Whose responsible in your opinion foryour pre-hospital care

Ace844

Whose responsible in your opinion for your individual provision of pre-hospital patient care?  

36 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1.) I am and I do my best to learn and further myself and take this with the utmost seriousness, I do the best I can for every patient
    • 2.) Not me, it's everyone elses responsibility
    • 3.) It's a combination of factors, and I do my best everytime
    • 4.) My education, trianing, service, partner, and medical director control, and state are, NOT ME
    • 5.) My answer isn't in the list here, see my post.....

A question to other EMS instructors particularly to services with experienced Paramedics'. I just left a FTO meeting a few minutes ago, attempting to plan & coordinate next years CEU's, refresher, plus have a PEPP/PALS class T & Thrs., question is how does one continue to teach the same monotonous stuff?... I realize, the need, but after your 5 or 10'th re-cert of PALS, it becomes pretty boring. It does for me.. & I enjoy learning, at the same time not introducing so in-depth material, without loosing them in space... and become disinterested. Where is the happy medium?.... any suggestions?

Thanks

R/r 911

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rid I would use the AHA ACLS for experienced providers as a blueprint. It tends to have more scenario based teaching that builds on the experience your crews already have. That model can be altered to fit any kind of training.

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

I have been wanting to recert for that.... problem is there is only one hospital I know of that teaches it around here and that's at Tulsa, and the classes are usually filled with residents.. maybe I can squeeze into one and get my Instr. cert for that again...

R/r 911

Who else would be responsible? You have no one to blame or commend for your actions but yourself. If you screw the pooch, take responsibility for it. This really isn't a difficult question.

I agree with ruff who do you have to blame but your self, Your responsible in these classes for the information, no one else if you choose to skate past and due the minimum required. When you get your arse handed to you out there, you have no one to blame but yourself. If you choose to take the easy way out and cheat on an exam. I don't understand cheating on a medic exam, who do you think your fooling, Its not an ancient western civ class (god that class sucked). How long can you last out there making it up as you go along.

I agree taking the usual classes after a while becomes mundane, but you have a responsibility to your Pt's to be the best you can be. Oh that sounds corny. Although its fitting.

I have seen so many smart, articulate, and intelligent people get tossed or have their tickets revoked because they got lazy, began to look for the easy way, and not the best way. Its too bad. They were once assets to this field.

Hey if your not growing your dying.

I find these to be interesting statements coming from a poster who on earlier threads was using protocls as a shield for the administration of certain medicines in instances where they may be potentially harmful.... :roll: ........BUT, I will also say this, based on the above statement it sounds like you are finally starting to 'see the light' and learning about the realities of your practice, nicely done....

ACe844

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.