What's wrong with this picture?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok................... my dog is growling at my computer speakers. Guess he is not a big fan of Elma and bugs..................lol

Or maybe he's just not a fan of bullshit? :)

Since everyone likes to bash ACE.........Maybe i can hijack this thread and make it a ACE BASHING thread or start one of those

gezzz...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: JUST KIDDING ABOUT THAT

Well anyway MEDICCJ this was a good pic and links thanks for sharing it with us......I think sometimes people forget that in a MAJOR emergency situtation sometimes you just have to do what you gotta to get the patient to safety....come on guys I am sure that you all have made some mistakes in the past in packing a pt....none of us are perfect....but it is easy for us to look at picks like this and point the finger of blame and point out what is wrong.....and to EVERYONE OF YOU I SAY THIS.....YOU WITHOUT SIN MAY CAST THAT FIRST STONE.........

Later Guys

Terri

Since everyone likes to bash ACE.........Maybe i can hijack this thread and make it a ACE BASHING thread or start one of those

gezzz...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: JUST KIDDING ABOUT THAT

Well anyway MEDICCJ this was a good pic and links thanks for sharing it with us......I think sometimes people forget that in a MAJOR emergency situtation sometimes you just have to do what you gotta to get the patient to safety....come on guys I am sure that you all have made some mistakes in the past in packing a pt....none of us are perfect....but it is easy for us to look at picks like this and point the finger of blame and point out what is wrong.....and to EVERYONE OF YOU I SAY THIS.....YOU WITHOUT SIN MAY CAST THAT FIRST STONE.........

Later Guys

Terri

"Everyone,"

If you don't want to have a call critiqued, then don't post asking for it. If you don't want to hear opionions and have quaterbacking of your interventions, then don't aks for it. If you can't handle the answers you get after you do the aforementioned... "DEAL WITH IT, IT'S NOT OUR PROBLEM!' We all should have an sense of right and wrong in this profession. That being said; I think that there are many of us who have been on calls which we were very glad that there wasn't a camera, or other 'trained' observers around during it. I also think that there are many situations in which when one is 'in the moment' makes decisions where later we look back and say 'What was I thinking, or not as the case may be'.

It is part of human nature to err, and make mistakes. At least, have the decency though to stand up and admit that 'Hey, I made a mistake, and face the consequences.' Also, at some point you as an individual provider need to take responsibilty for your care, actions, performance, and 'ensure' that you will do the right thing, provide the proper care, and 'not allow yourself to be swept up in the moment react to the adrenaline, or make rash decisions.'

Additionally, at some point you need to realize that these decision have REAL EFFECTS on your patients and can potentially CHANGE AND ALTER THIER LIFE OR BODIES PERMENANTLY! So this is why you are 'duty bound, compelled, or whatever other adjective you want to use,' to do your job and duty correctly. Sometimes there are mitagating circumstances which make this impossible to do at that 'IMMEDIATE TIME', but once that situation has been resolved and it is safe to do so, you must step up and act appropriately, fix or re-do the interventions and the things you did hastely 'in the moment', as it has now passed. You need to do the best you can for you and your patient. Any thing less is unacceptable. Let the FLAMING begin....

Out here,

ACE844