Days off, What do you do?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you go from using cutting edge technology to save people's lives to using the cutting edge of a sword to potentially harm a fellow knight?????

Man theres no way I could do that for fun on a regular basis although it might be fun to play out Joan of Arc. :wink:

What do I do for fun? spend time with the kid, drink, sleep, in that order. Oh wait I already do that everyday. :shock:

Days off??? What the hell are those??? :roll: If I am in fact lucky enough to have one or two of those a week, it's usually spent cooking dinners that I can heat and eat between work (yep, I love to cook), cleaning, shopping and sleeeeeping!!!! I live an extremely boring life right now, working is about all I do.

I can say though, this OT thing is temporary, so I'm playing the OT wh*re while I can. I spent alot of time at the pool this summer and it was sooo nice to relax!

• 1 month later...

Wow, I don't know what I'd do without my time off.. When you guys say you don't have any time off is it because you work more than one job? Because you work your one job every day?? Because you work more than one job and go to school or other activity? I truely hope you aren't serious when you say you have no time off. Personally, working one full time job it seems that I have a lot of time off.... in my service we work 12 hour shifts and follow this pattern...

4 days ON from Monday to Thursday

6 days OFF from Friday to Thursday

4 nights ON from Thursday night to Sunday night (that's what I'm on right now! 3rd of 4th night, almost done WOOHOO!)

6 shifts ON - Friday to Sunday DAY, Monday to Wednesday NIGHT

4 days OFF from Thursday to Sunday

Back the the start - 4 Days on

The 6 shift split sucks large, but it's well worth the week off every month.

As for what I do??? Some days I lounge around and do nothing. I like going to movies. I play my bagpipes. I go to pipe band practice. I teach first aid to Scouts. I swim occasionally. I study for the aeromedical course I'm taking. In the summer I ride my motorcycle. In the winter I shovel snow. I love camping, but don't do it nearly enough. Some days i lounge around and no nothing!

Once a month or so I go to a planning meeting for the Skills Competition we host here (near Toronto). If anyone is interested in competing we'd love to have you! I have the info... you can just PM me! 3 divisions.. Advanced Care Paramedic (= EMT-P), Primary Care Paramedic (= EMT-I maybe? I really don't know) and Student.

That's my time off in a nutshell.. sorry for writing so much.

J

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.