Hmm ......Interesting concept

whit72

Did you bother to search the forums for this?

This topic has been discussed, at great length, in the almost two years since this article was published.

Please search before posting.

Besides, Dr Bledsoe, while very respected within the EMS community, is only once voice. Just because he thinks it should be so doesn't make it so.

And it certainly doesn't change the way things are now. The "Well Dr B thinks I should be able to do it" defense won't hold up in court.

-be safe.

If you look into it further, you will find that no one is buying into this "proposal"

Yes, it was approved, mostly by department chiefs that don't understand the necessity of highly EDUCATED providers. This group would rather turn out large numbers of minimally TRAINED people, so that their numbers look better.

This is nearly mirror image to what many others proposed her including "DustDevil," in the 'increasing education thread' and as mike said above, MANY OTHERS.... So what's your point...??? We're you making a backhanded refrence to the fact that the BLS course hrs were incresed by approx 80; or the fact he would allow you to do Glucagon?...SEE THE ABOVE POST....

OUT HERE,

ACE844

Was Dr. B smokin pot when he wrote this? 200 hours for that?

I was unaware he prescribed to the quantity over quality theory...

Sad really.

Oh whit, this was an obvious attempt to quantify your prior arguement that BLS should be giving glucagon. Let it go, for the love of god.

Next time you post, it better be productive.

Here's an idea........if you want to expand your skill set, enroll in a GD Paramedic class and quit with the rehashing!!!!!!!

I'm sure we was smoking pot, I sure that's how he passes the time.

I believe there were other topics covered in the article, including the levels of medics.

Training aspects that suit the areas you work in.

Yes I have moved on from the glucagon issue. However I am still awaiting my letter from the Dept. of Health. stating I am no longer allowed to administer Glucagon, albuterol, EPI, Tylenol, and ASA l due to the negative response from EMT city.

Is this a discussion forum? I believe it is.