CPR Changes.. have you changed?

Ridryder 911

Asys, the new guidelines are actually much easier to implement. Find someone, 2 minutes of compressions, an occasional ventilation, get the monitor/defibrillator attached, assess the rhythm during a personnel switch, decide where to go from there.

We've been doing it now for a few months, and have been able to get rhythms back from asystole. Have yet to have one walk out of the hospital though.

Oops, I mean 2007 of course. Friends don't let friends Drink and Post. The new protocols do seem a lot easier to implement, all though I'll now have the extra challenge of getting the stubborn old timers to do BLS for 8 minutes rather than reaching for the med bag, and convince the firefighters to actually touch the patient rather than play with the beepy toys.

Here in Edmonton...at NAIT...instructional staff were trained over the last couple weeks. Of course it's mandatory that they are also active in the field so I imagine services must be doing this (or have done it already). We were taught the new stuff this past weekend in our EMT school and are being tested on the new standards this week. Consider me recert'ed for the umpteenth time this year!

On a side note...our textbook for EMT School of course was published prior to the changes...Mosby's EMT-I and so now we get the fun task of always referring back to the AHA when references are made. Minor annoyance.

• 3 months later...

If CPR is being done analize and biphasic 200 joules if not 2 mins cpr analise shock 200 j biphasic back to min cpr shock 20.0 j biphasic...................drugs line bvm between. If airway good with bmv so be it ETT if can't maintain it. I always do thought

If CPR is being done analize and biphasic 200 joules if not 2 mins cpr analise shock 200 j biphasic back to min cpr shock 20.0 j biphasic...................drugs line bvm between. If airway good with bmv so be it ETT if can't maintain it. I always do thought

In the name of all that is overworked, what is sleddogg trying to say here? :shock:

:shock:

??? As well, why bring back an OLD thread ? .. Standards has been out for quite a while now, many may not even know what the old ones are ...

R/r 911

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.