"It cant be PEA if the rate is over 150" -- ??

fiznat

Further more Punisher, I would highly recommend you take some vacation from you ED job since you were 15, and go study some simple laws. In order for a paramedic to be prosecuted for misfeasance, it must be proven that the efforts that the medic made to treat the patient contributed to his or her death.

Please grow up and live life before you claim to know it all. Don't threaten me with your ability to Google info off of the computer. :oops:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I said it hasn't been used for that purpose in over a decade and I haven't seen described in any of the back editions of the ACLS texts (which I own) since the early 1990's. As I said, you can abandon your cause. It isn't going to get you anywhere. :roll:

Punisher, it goes further back than the early 90's, 1987 ACLS on Calcium Chloride..

"There are no data demonstrating a beneficial effect from the administration of calcium salts during cardiopulmonary resuscitation. In theory, the high levels of calcium in the blood induced by the administration of calcium salts may induce reperfusion injury and may adversely effect the neurologic outcome of the patient. Calcium Salts should not be used during resuscitation except for treatment of acute hyperkalemia, hypocalcemia, or calcium channel blocker toxicity or hypermagnesemia."

Also the studies quoted in the book are from 1979, 1981, 1983 and 1984.

That is an exact quote by they way, "There are no data." This must have been before AHA hired a copy editor. :(

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

My friend ACE, I am sure you are about to tell me, I have no idea, never seen an SVT code.

I don't know..Thats why I asked..... Since you were arguing the point I thought you may know or have researched it. That's all. SO no I don't have those #'s handy..

Out here,

ACE844

In order for a paramedic to be prosecuted for misfeasance, it must be proven that the efforts that the medic made to treat the patient contributed to his or her death.

I think administering a medication that is proven to have negative consequences in the situation your giving it more than fulfills that criteria. Or were you to busy measuring yourself with a micrometer to pick up on what Scaramedic stated.

Please grow up and live life before you claim to know it all. Don't threaten me with your ability to Google info off of the computer. :oops

Obviously you've spent your 40 some years so well...here you are picking a fight with someone half your age and doing a right piss poor job of it I must say. It's just so clear to us all that you are further proof of the adage that relying upon experience alone simply results in you making the same mistakes over and over again with an ever increasing level of confidence. I'm not threatening you with anything....I don't have to. Last time I checked, a respiratory therapist and echocardiographer has a lot more education than some smartass firefighter who obviously only maintains his paramedic credential so he can get paid even more for parking his butt on some recliner somewhere. It's quite apparent you are not in EMS for your patient's best interest or you would not be quite so obstinant towards those with more education and experience.

Yes I am a Firefighter, and I am a Paramedic, and I love doing both. Stop gloating about all of your supposed education as a RESP THERAPIST, we all go to school, you don't impress me. You will empress me when I see a P by your title. I could care a less what you do with your ventilators. BTW, I am 31, do the math.

Yes I am a Firefighter, and I am a Paramedic, and I love doing both. Stop gloating about all of your supposed education as a RESP THERAPIST, we all go to school, you don't impress me. You will empress me when I see a P by your title. I could care a less what you do with your ventilators. BTW, I am 31, do the math.

523 - Impressive or not, Punisher supports his thoughts with valid information. Credibility is greater with consonant valid information than with a consonant instead of a vowel after someone's name.

And in my limited experiences with Respiratory Therapists, I've found they have a good amount of information, and are rather 'on the ball.' Yes, there are always exceptions, but the same is true for firefighters.

Good luck to you in your studies my friend!!!

By the time you are a physician, I will be retired, then we can have this debate over a game of golf!!!!

Thanks for your well wishes. As for the golf, sounds like a plan.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.