Nepotism

Huh?

Nepotism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Nepotism means favoring relatives or personal friends because of their relationship rather than because of their abilities. The word is generally used in a derogatory sense.

I don't like it but I have never let it bother me, I do my job to the best of my abilities and the heck with family and friends. I have also never worked in any job in which there was not nepotism going on.

In regards to everybody on the Eastbumble Crap Ambulance Corps payroll being someone else's brother, nephew, uncle or nana, I think it sucks. The most qualified person should get the position.

In regards to everybody on the Eastbumble Crap Ambulance Corps payroll being someone else's brother, nephew, uncle or nana, I think it sucks. The most qualified person should get the position.

Silly paramedic, common sense is for nurses.

seems that's about the only way to get a job in a fire dept. in the Georgia area.

Its scares the crap out of me that i am going to be running in a building with someone who got on because his dad is a capt. rather than someone that actually had something to offer the dpt

I heard in Georgia, most things are kept in the family...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't think I like where this is headed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.