Medic's Assistant...

How is being married free?

Most mental health providers that I have met have had their cheese slide a bit off the cracker.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EM T's are overpaid here we go. Contrary to popular belief em ts can actually function without a paramedic, and actually succeed yeah basic EMT are overpaid but paramedics who go to School 6 mos longer should make 350,000 a year gimme a break man.

Don't know where you can go for 6 months or should I state should go ?.. But, I do agree the need formal education .. yes at the least a minimum of an associate degree. Personally would like to the minimum to be a Baccalaureate, but at least I know with an associate degree, they can read. The text would at least be upgraded from junior high to college level, in which I am sure would eliminate many. There would no longer be 1 book, rather several books on each system or specific areas... (yes, there are books on O.B. that are thousand pages long).

Basic EMT course is not much more than the ARC Advanced First-Aid course... please do a comparison. It is an entry level position, what you do after that is your business if you want to stay at that level.

R/r 911

Medic Assistant eh? I saw this some years ago when I was a member of JeffSTAT back in Philadelphia. There was an effort to sneak the EMT-Intermediate into Pennsylvania as a "Paramedic Assistant Course" but was subsequently shot down by the powers that be. Since there are no Intermediates in PA that quickly went away, much like the Intermediate has become a dinosaur here in Texas. Not so long ago while working as a supervisor for a now defunct Ambulance Service, I had an ECA working for me and she also brought this to my attention that she was thinking of going to school for this "Medic Assistant" cert. That struck me funny seeing as though she puked on during a seizure episode after delivering a patient to her residence post dialysis. Mind you I did say that she was an ECA (Emergency Care Attendant), not an EMT-Basic. Needless to sya, she no longer works in EMS as far as I know of. Truth is I wouldn't allow her to put a band-aid on a Boy Scout. It's sad because up until that incident I felt that she had potential as was ready to recommend that our company pay for her EMT training. Good thing that I didn't because she has the worst case of "Road Rage" that I have ever seen. It might be nice tio have a "Paramedic Assistant", "Medic Assistant", "Intermediate" or even enhance or expand the scope of practice for EMT-Basics. But I am not about to open that discussion again.

Their are idots in every field the longer the training isnt going to eliminate the fact that an moron will be doing the job 1/3rd of the time. And who is can afford to go to school for 2 years to make 35,000 a year.

And who is can afford to go to school for 2 years to make 35,000 a year.

Average teachers salary in Louisiana is $24,300. That's with a Bachelor's degree, seems like $35,000 for two years is pretty good pay to me.

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

More than half of the people attending universities today are in programs that will end up getting them little or no pay after graduation. All the art and psych and history and literature majors know they won't get a job with it, yet they still go. So why is it that anybody thinks that people wouldn't go to medic school if it were four years?

What about all the people constantly saying they aren't in it for the money?

And never mind the absolute fact that wages are low because of the lack of education, so current salaries cannot be used for the forecast.

It's actually depressing how many people in this business just don't get it. Depressing, but not surprising. :roll:

More than half of the people attending universities today are in programs that will end up getting them little or no pay after graduation. All the art and psych and history and literature majors know they won't get a job with it, yet they still go. So why is it that anybody thinks that people wouldn't go to medic school if it were four years?

What about all the people constantly saying they aren't in it for the money?

And never mind the absolute fact that wages are low because of the lack of education, so current salaries cannot be used for the forecast.

It's actually depressing how many people in this business just don't get it. Depressing, but not surprising. :roll:

Dust...

...i think they believe that, because we cant get them through for 2 years...let alone 4.

...keep in mind i agree with you. But the changes are monnumental to require it.

PR

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.