O Canada...

vs-eh?

...its interesting to see that the Canucks actually remember all the words to O Canada...to be honest- Im surprised LOL

Surprised why? I know all the words to 'The Star Spangled Banner', 'My Country 'Tis of Thee' and 'This is My Country', not counting the 'Cassons Go Rolling Along'. But since I was Army for 20 years, the latter shouldn't be held against me.

I have not been an Oiler fan since the 80's, but even I hope that they can win this year. They deserve a lot of respect for the job they are doing, in spite of being "underdogs" in all the series so far. Hope the series is short, so I can go back to hating them again soon - This is causing my self-respect to falter a little bit.

Anyway - much as it hurts: GO OILERS!

p.s. - I know all the words to O Canada in English (2 verses) and French, and can also sing "God Save The Queen!"

Yes!!! Medicnorth i know EXACTLY how you feel i am a flames fan myself (however i am first and foremost a leafs fan...) , and I can't wait to get back to hating the oilers.. they just came out of nowhere!!And yes, as much as it hurts, GO OILERS!

I know all the words to O Canada in English and French, and the American anthem as well. (from watching all those hockey games..)

I'm not the most patriotic person in the world, but this made me smile with appreciation. Awesome...

Anyway, the reason I posted this in the humor forum is because of the guy in the background starting at around the 56 second mark.

I think he makes up for my lack of overt patriotism. :)

Hey, don't make fun of Joey Moss. In case you couldn't tell, he has Downs Syndrome and is part of the Oilers locker room staff. He's been around since the early/mid 80's. Do any of you remember when Gretzky dated Vicky Moss? Well Jeoy is her younger brother.

What was cool was there were players and coaching staff from Anaheim that said this made the hair on the back of their neck stand up, as well as a bunch of the media types.

• 2 weeks later...
they also broadcast the lyrics on the big screen :)

Anone notice the feeble attempt last game in Raleigh? They tried to sing O'Canadia (and they did brodcast the words on the screen there, however they do NOT at Rexall)

3-1 Oilers tomorrow night. Atta go boys.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.