Sizing up an MVC

SpongeDude

My department is pretty compliant with regs and stuff. I think that maybe the OSHA stuff cover performing the extrication, not providing BLS on site. Maybe our EMS is rated to give us protection, I never asked, but it does not seem that sturdy. I know it is made to be Blood and fluid resistant. I have not yet had to get into a car when they were perform and extrication, other than in drills and I know it would like to have the extra protection, even just the pants for crawling in and out. I might even consider extrication gloves over the ones for BSI. I have cut a finger or two during drill. Leaves me open to infection! Not cool.

Sarge

According to what most EMT schools are teaching these days, as long as you repeat the words "Scene safety BSI" aloud as you exit your ambulance, then everything will be just fine. No worries.

I guess I should clarify: When I say turnout "gear", I mean turnout jacket, helmet, and gloves. Extrication is handled by the fire department, however they are either too dumb or unwilling to get into a car to hold C-Spine, so we normally do it. We are a non-FD based department.

According to what most EMT schools are teaching these days, as long as you repeat the words "Scene safety BSI" aloud as you exit your ambulance, then everything will be just fine. No worries.

You mean that oxygen delivered at 15 LPM via NRB (which is actually a partial rebreather) won't make everyone better? :crybaby:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.