Dustdevil in Iraq-with pictures!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dust-

Hey Brother! Good to see that all your pieces parts are still where they were when you got there. How far down in the sand did you have to dig to get that SAW? And if you didnt, you really should stop cleaning it with a hershey bar. Now, tell me again how the boxes were going to be labeled when you send my Hummer one piece at a time...

Keep your head down and your chin up.

any girls out over there?

Quite a few actually. The Marines seem to attract a lot of women to the ranks these days.

Unfortunately, we lost one of our favourite sisters here last month. :lol:

mmmcclung-photo-01.jpg

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/mmmcclung.htm

Adios, Megan. We miss you!

No kidding!

I have about 60 gigs of their stuff on my external hard drive. I am thankful for them as they have gotten me through some rough times!!

LMFAO!!!

Thats some funny shit right there!

BREAKING NEWS!!! I GOT A SURPRISE VISIT FROM AK TODAY!!

[stream:714d502054]http://koti.mbnet.fi/badbee/wavs/ak47.wav[/stream:714d502054]

No, not AKflightmedic. AK-47. :shock:

So I go to the gym for a good workout around 1300 as usual. I come back around 1430 and notice an expended AK-47 round lying on the floor in front of my desk. I'm thinking, "Interesting. I wonder who dropped this here?"

I pick it up and set it on my desk, not really thinking anything more about it. Then shortly afterwards, I sit down at my desk to check e-mail. While doing so, I keep noticing this little chunk hole in the top of my desk. I'm like, "WTF? How and when the hell did I do that without even noticing?" I mean, I wipe this desk down every other day, and I know every mark on it intimately. Where in the world did this new chunk hole come from?

But then I go back to checking mail and put it out of my mind a little longer. Finally, I decided to take a close look at the chunk hole to see if I might be able to somehow fix it. Upon close inspection, I was shocked to find that, next to the chunk hole, is the perfect imprint of an AK47 bullet hitting flat. Now the light comes on in my head! AHA!! I pick up the bullet and lay it in the hole. PERFECT FIT!

Then I slowly raise my head and look at the ceiling above me. Sure enough, directly above my desk chair is an AK47 bullet hole in the ceiling. Some arsehole in Ramadi decided to send a "To whom it may concern" round over the wall, and it finally petered out on my desk! Had it hit my new, $3000 dollar Apple laptop, I would have been REALLY pissed! I might have had to borrow the Bang Bus and go on a rampage in town! :twisted:

So here is an overview of my desk area...

e10b7c102a.jpg

Looking very closely, you can see the bullet hole in the ceiling, to the right of the light fixture, over my chair.

A close-up of the area of impact...

4163bcd4fe.jpg

You can see how dangerously close it came to my Apple and my iPod! Bastards!

A close-up of the bullet hole in my desk...

2e048fe91d.jpg

I placed my calipers there to give you a size reference, and to give the camera something to focus on.

Here's the bullet standing next to the chunk hole in my desk...

e41081f93c.jpg

And lookee here...

91b61b3abf.jpg

A perfect fit!

And finally, a fuzzy pic of the bullet hole above my desk...

b9e88dde40.jpg

Sorry, but the camera doesn't focus well on flat, shiny white surfaces.

Good times, eh? :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.