Dustdevil in Iraq-with pictures!

Hey kids! I have finally arrived at my semi-permanent destination to get comfortable for awhile. I am at a major airbase in the so-called "Sunni Triangle of Death" out west of Baghdad. It's pretty busy out here, but not overwhelming. It's been a very long time since this old fart has slept in a tent, dodged rockets, or cared for adult patients, so I feel like a total rookie still, but I'm getting more comfortable everyday.

I've been getting jerked around for the last three weeks on being issued a computer (as they were supposed to do before I even got here), but I should finally get one in the coming week. Then I'll be able to get online daily and catch up and chat. I even bought a new webcam already. All I need is a computer too hook it up to, ha! Y'all are going to love the buzz cut hairdo. And khaki is definitely my colour. :?

Talk to everybody soon!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dust. Just got back from Camp Bowie, located in Brownwood, Texas. Sorry I didn't get to to talk to you before I left. I'm headed to Austin to work on my Commander's Trainins Staff teaching Comabt Lifesaver courses to soldiers deploying for Border Security. Drop me a line when you get the chance.

Dust: Could you put a toonie on that fast Camel spider in the fifth?

I don't condone Camel Spider races.

People who go to those things just want to see a spider crash.

Anyhow, apparently Uncle Sam doesn't trust the EMT City chat client. I have been trying for the last two days to get in, and it won't let me. :cry:

It isn't Uncle Sam's fault - its all us foreigners who can't keep secrets that are causing the trouble! I hope you get it figured out - everybody knows that Canadians and Australian are harmless!

Take care, man

North

Could it be that they don't have flash installed or does it come up with a filter warning?

It just says "Connecting to server..." for a full two minutes before timing out and giving me this message in a pop-up box...

• "Connection failed! Maybe your network can't access the server,

or the server is under maintenance, please try again later!"

• Any suggestions? I sure miss my chat!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.