Squmpers

Shayne, I'll bite. With a PhD why would he buy not one but two of these? You asked the question, please provide the answer.

My opinion still stands, the idea behind the squmper is to me a stupid idea. You have all that space in the pumper yet you decide to put a cot and bench seat inside it.

To provide rehab for fire fighters that have been workign really hard, that's one thing but that's really the only use for this type of apparatus.

YOu said it yourself, you can't transport patients in it. But I'm sure someone out there is working on it. Sort of like surgery over the internet, someone must be trying to set that up too.

I'm sorry you took offense to any of us that said this was a stupid idea(because many of us think it is) but those are our opinions.

I for one question where your EMS is when your fire fighters need rehab? Do they not do that for you? If they don't then methinks a re-discussion of their usefulness is in order.

Our ambulance carries a 10 gallon water container just for such an occasion. If we are called to a fire scene we will either fill it up and take it with us or we will have it filled already and on the ambulance.

I think that the money spent on this apparatus could have been better spent elsewhere but then again, that's MY opinion. like it or not.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see if I'm getting the 4-1-1 on this squmper business. Sycamore Township EMS and Fire has Class 2 ISO rating. Not too bad. Chief Jetter has a PhD. Why would he buy a fire truck with a stretcher inside? According to folks around here, that's retarded. I apologize to any actual retards. Most of the opinions expressed are incorrect. It's a real fire truck. 750 gallon water tank. 2,000 gpm pump. I bet it has some hose somewhere. Why the stretcher? It can't be an ambulance. I doubt many patients have been transported in these trucks. Uses for the stretcher are stated in my previous post. It's not a far fetched vehicle.

Definitions of ambulance on the Web...

Shayne, are you losing it? Are you melting down right in front of our eyes? :shock:

What are you talking about? You're ranting incoherently, bouncing from irrelevant point to irrelevant point and not even addressing the issue at hand anymore. What have "definitions of ambulance on the Web" got to do with anything? Did somebody here attempt to define it as an ambulance? Did anybody here deny that it was an ambulance? I know my eyes and my memory aren't what they used to be, so I read back to the beginning of this topic again and nobody here was talking semantics until you started with that last post, so who are you even arguing with? :?

It's amazing how you have posted so much on this matter -- told us the educational credentials of some fire chief, his ISO rating, and the definition of an ambulance -- but have not yet even attempted to tell us what makes this thing so great. Then you tell us that you "doubt" this thing transports many people. Well wait, Shayne... if you are just guessing at all of this, then what the heck makes you so passionately convinced that it is the best thing since Nomex? And what makes your opionion any better than ours? I'm still thinking you must have stock in that apparatus manufacturer or something. You're defending this thing with as much zeal -- and as little logic -- as the CISD idiots defend their cash cow long after it has been proven to be a lot of bull (nice pun, eh? :lol: ). Otherwise, I can't imagine any reason why an otherwise reasonable man would get as weird as you are getting over this topic.

Are you okay, bro?

Squmper? A place for rehab?

I have 2 words that are much cheaper place for rehab than a quarter million dollar squmper

Deck Chair

firefighter-01-lge.jpg

Nuff said.

Peace,

Marty

Ooohhh shit, LMAO, thats one UGLY mexican!

Not all aussies look like this bloke, even im not that bushy!

The squmper isn't a useless piece of apparatus. I read all the negative comments and chose to disagree with the general consensus. It's not for me to second-guess what a department purchases to serve their needs. Obviously, they decided on these squmpers. Why do you care what a department in Ohio spent on a truck? It's the stretcher, isn't it? You can't get over the fact a fire truck has a stretcher onboard.

Shayne

i could give a flying whatever what they spent their money on but I'm sure it could have been better spent on something else.

If they have the money to burn (pun pun) then go ahead but I don't know why they spent it on that. There was no real reason cited as to why they bought these.

You are getting way to emotional and defensive over this Shayne. Normally your posts are without emotion. You asked us why we care what they spent their money on, and I'm asking why you care?

and no it's not the stretcher, heck if they want a S&M chamber inside one of those Squmpers I say more power to em.

The squmper isn't a useless piece of apparatus. I read all the negative comments and chose to disagree with the general consensus. It's not for me to second-guess what a department purchases to serve their needs. Obviously, they decided on these squmpers. Why do you care what a department in Ohio spent on a truck? It's the stretcher, isn't it? You can't get over the fact a fire truck has a stretcher onboard.

Shayne

Hes probably right you know, its not USELESS, but just like many jack of all trades pieces of equipment, its the master of none and usually turns out medicre at best

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.