Squmpers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice website overall, for a simple HTML job. Not too whackered out.

Minus 5 for promoting pics of a dumpster fire on their front page, lol.

Plus 10 for having a memorial page to their Dalmatian mascot though.

Nice website overall, for a simple HTML job. Not too whackered out.

Minus 5 for promoting pics of a dumpster fire on their front page, lol.

Plus 10 for having a memorial page to their Dalmatian mascot though.

And how did the "Listen to our Live Scanner Feed" on the main page do for their points?

And how did the "Listen to our Live Scanner Feed" on the main page do for their points?

LOL!

I think it's a good thing. It shows transparency and encourages the public to hear them in action, which is a good PR tool. Although, I am a little disappointed that they don't give any useful demographics, like the size and population of their service area, the number of runs they make and average, and a breakdown of what kind of runs they make. Those are also things that show the public you're worth the money. Or not.

Minus 5 for this statement though...

Defibrillation utilizes a AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) to deliver an electric shock in order to start a heart which has stopped beating..

Apparently they have no paramedics, or they would know better. :D

I just have to say, putting a stretcher in a piece of firefighting apparatus makes about as much sense as a trailer hitch on a hearse. You could find a use for either if you tried hard enough, but there is a better tool for the job. Can you imagine a department buying an Osh Kosh ARFF rig and trying to take it to structure fires? If you wanted to put a bench in that (do I have to say "squmper"?) thing for a rehab compartment, great! Just don't put a stretcher in there and try to convince anybody you didn't have transporting patients in mind when you did it.

nope, no medics. BLS only. The only ALS is through the hospital system (captial health). I also find it amusing that they bought that, and they also have an ambulance, which also never moves. BLS is done primarily through the other hospital system in the county (Robert Wood Johnson U.) Yeah, its a pretty screwed up system...but then again, this is NJ we are talking about :roll:

LOL!

I think it's a good thing. It shows transparency and encourages the public to hear them in action, which is a good PR tool. Although, I am a little disappointed that they don't give any useful demographics, like the size and population of their service area, the number of runs they make and average, and a breakdown of what kind of runs they make. Those are also things that show the public you're worth the money. Or not.

Minus 5 for this statement though...

Apparently they have no paramedics, or they would know better. :lol:

:? UHH Dust they do give a breakdown of the types of calls theyve had and the certain amount along with the yearly percentage....http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/link.php?url=http://www.grovevillefire.com/

Defibrillation utilizes a AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) to deliver an electric shock in order to start a heart which has stopped beating..

Apparently they have no paramedics, or they would know better.

Eh. I'll give it to them. The website is for the public as you said, and that's what the public thinks an AED does.

Joe 6-pack doesn't care about the pathophysiology of VF/VT arrest, they care that somebody near them will show up with something to make their heart beat again when they call 911.

Think simple.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.