FDNY*EMS Scanner Feed Online

I don't know of any FDNY EMS live scanner feeds off hand, but honestly, they're really not that interesting to listen to anyway. The FDNY EMS dispatch system is combined with a MDT system, which gives the crew most of the information as a text display, rather than the dispatcher read the particulars, which protects both confidentiality and allows for efficiency of dispatch. (3,000 calls a day doesn't leave much time for chit-chat). Let's say you have a car flip over iwith entrapped patients. This is all you might hear on the radio.

Central: Ten Boy for the assignment, One Zero Boy....

10B: One Zero Boy.

Central: 10 Boy, a trauma, East 69 and Lexington

10B: One Zero Boy, Ten four, sixty three.

Central: Ten four.

Later you might hear them ask for ALS (ha ha ha, ALS would have snatched up that job as soon as it came in) so you might hear:

10B: One zero boy.

Central: One zero boy.

10B: One zero boy, can I have ALS to my location, prolonged extrication

Central: Ten four. One Zero William, back up Ten boy, east 69 and lexington. Coming over.

10W: Ten Will Ten four.

So, like I said, you really don't hear much.

• 1 month later...

I concur with Asysin2leads,,,,, so much is via computer,, even if a units wants a hospital notification, they can type it into the MDT and ask the disp to recall it and call the hospital....

when i lived and worked in NY and listened to a scanner at home or in the car,,, (i also did free lance photo work) I never listened to EMS freq.... except EMS Citywide,, and there were only 5 freq at the time.... now there are at least 8-10 for disp.. i lost track,, but point is you cant really learn much,, if u go to new york city then dial up the freq. and you'll see (hear)

much better to listen to FDNY fire side and NYPD Citywide freq. if you want to hear the action...

good luck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.