What is wrong with this forum?

So it's okay to be an ass-hole, and treat other people like sh*t on here?

Okay, I'll give an attitude like a few of you for a couple days, and see where it takes me!

I completely disagree with this statement. If no one had any opinions then there would be no replies in any thread.

That's what he said????? Opinions are like ass-holes, everybody has one. You have an ass , I have an ass, AZCEP has an ass... Pretty much everyone, has an ass, hopefully with at least one hole. That said, just like we all have them, we all have opinions.

He didn't mean that only ass-holes, in the figurative sense, have opinions.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I reply to a post on occasion, but basically I do not like being bashed because I have two strikes already against me, I am an EMT B and a Volunteer to boot.

As for chat rooms, I feel like I am eaves dropping on private conversations, or someone is chatting and I have no clue as to the nature of the chat and I do not want to make some sort of reply and be totally out of context or sound really stupid. Also I am kept pretty busy with work outside the home, the farm. my family and continuing education.

I agree with what you say. Is there anyway to change it, I doubt it. So I briefly read the posts, and replies and get on with life.

RE: chat rooms.

I post in 8 or 9 forums and most have chat rooms for members. I never utilize them. OK, maybe once in a blue moon I'll pop in to the chat at Atheist Network when I know a couple buddies will be in there. Otherwise I don't bother with them. I just scan the titles of the threads in the forms, reply if I feel inclined and move on.

Cell Block? The guy that I banned from Firehouse.com EMS forums a couple years ago?

Check your PM's! :lol:

So it's okay to be an ass-hole, and treat other people like sh*t on here?

Okay, I'll give an attitude like a few of you for a couple days, and see where it takes me!

That's what he said????? Opinions are like ass-holes, everybody has one. You have an ass , I have an ass, AZCEP has an ass... Pretty much everyone, has an ass, hopefully with at least one hole. That said, just like we all have them, we all have opinions.

He didn't mean that only ass-holes, in the figurative sense, have opinions.

Don't fix it, if it ain't broken!

And so it begins...another well intentioned thread getting warmed by the flame thrower.

When I first joined this site, it was nice. A small community of us, gathered on the inter-web to share stories, tips, and the bawdy joke or two...then the basic bashing started, and at roughly the same moment the basics started bashing the medics; then somewhere the Holier than thou decided we should focus on the pure science of prehospital emergency care, there's no room here for shenanigans and code brown jokes.

That's why I quit coming here, that is why I quit posting here (well that and I had nothing important to add), and this

is why we are still the red headed step child of the fire service. Once we get over ourselves and learn to live in a profession - yes

I said profession, that has multiple certification levels with skill sets that build from one to the other and sometimes, just sometimes a basic EMT crew can get through an emergency call without life, the universe and everything coming to a screeching halt, once we get past all that, maybe then we can get that "professional distinction" that I hear so much rattling on about. Until then, can I suggest some introspective, because lord knows I need my fair share too, and find a way for us BLS guys to adhere to our boundries, accept the limits of our certifcation and know when to ask for help, and you ALS folks to learn that you aren't the end all be all answer to every 911 call unless you are an MD. And sometimes, it's okay for EMS professionals to not take themsselves too seriously and have our own little lane on the information superhighway for the dark/perverse humor we're known for.

Does that glean some insight into a members' feelings, scaramedic?

In my opinion there are certain types that visit these forums. EMT City I am guessing by the posts does not take an adequate cross-section of what your average EMT/Paramedic is like in the US (yes, I said US, because most of you are American).

The types...

1) People who simply love EMS. Love helping people, love the whole comrodery or whatever or emergency services in general. Perhaps it is like a family thing or whatever. You like helping people and caring...

2) More academically oriented people. People who may encompass parts of the first category, but they are in EMS for the science, the problem solving.

3) Students

4) Wankers, wannabe's, etc...

Personally, I don't know why people get so bent out of shape over stuff that is said on this forum. Sure, some of it is repetitive and roll-your-eyes boring but whatever. YOU HAVE TO TAKE WHAT IS SAID HERE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. As I said before in another post, the anonymity of the internet makes it difficult at times to truly believe what people are saying and who people really say they are. People's "knowledge" of paramedicine can easily be acquired with a 5 second google search. Again, for all I know 95% of you are liars, grossly inflating your position in life, etc...Call me jaded, but it ain't hard to do.

People also use the argument that "Oh, only certain people can express their opinion...." Ummmm, untrue. Certain people perhaps are more vocal than others, but if you are knowledgeable on a subject or have an opinion say it! But be prepared for a rebuttal/disagreement and have a back bone and stand up. You don't know these people, why would you be afraid of what they might think? It kind of boggles my mind, some of the really thin skinned people we have on this board. You guys work in EMS and get so easily offended? Go pout in the corner...Here's your bottle...

And so it begins...another well intentioned thread getting warmed by the flame thrower.

When I first joined this site, it was nice. A small community of us, gathered on the inter-web to share stories, tips, and the bawdy joke or two...then the basic bashing started, and at roughly the same moment the basics started bashing the medics; then somewhere the Holier than thou decided we should focus on the pure science of prehospital emergency care, there's no room here for shenanigans and code brown jokes.

That's why I quit coming here, that is why I quit posting here (well that and I had nothing important to add), and this

is why we are still the red headed step child of the fire service. Once we get over ourselves and learn to live in a profession - yes

I said profession, that has multiple certification levels with skill sets that build from one to the other and sometimes, just sometimes a basic EMT crew can get through an emergency call without life, the universe and everything coming to a screeching halt, once we get past all that, maybe then we can get that "professional distinction" that I hear so much rattling on about. Until then, can I suggest some introspective, because lord knows I need my fair share too, and find a way for us BLS guys to adhere to our boundries, accept the limits of our certifcation and know when to ask for help, and you ALS folks to learn that you aren't the end all be all answer to every 911 call unless you are an MD. And sometimes, it's okay for EMS professionals to not take themsselves too seriously and have our own little lane on the information superhighway for the dark/perverse humor we're known for.

Does that glean some insight into a members' feelings, scaramedic?

How am I a flame thrower? :roll:

Cell Block? The guy that I banned from Firehouse.com EMS forums a couple years ago?

Check your PM's! :lol:

They banned cellblock776. Cellblock is a well behaved contributing member in good standing at Firehouse.com.

I got your PM but not sure how to take it.

You're a REMOVED - ADMIN

Hey, it's me.

You misspelled inbred. Use spell check next time.

Hahaha...

See that's funny.

It's called sarcasm...

But now this thread will be locked/deleted and that post will definately be deleted.

Kudos though csr...

EDIT - I think there should be a grievance thread, kinda like Festivus where you can say anything you want to anybody..."I gotta lot of problems with you people..."

LOL....

Regardless of the "bashing", the holier than thou attitudes, etc......my question is this.....

why in the he!! do people take things so seriously?? If you have a question about a call or treatment , etc...there are a lot of very very bright and talented people here that are more than happy to answer any questions, give you food for thought, etc......and remember -- you asked!!

SO WHAT if they want you to not type in caps, or use spell check (which...I agree with) and all the other little things that get said.....

I cannot understand why people feel they need their hands held all the time......if someone disagrees on here, they tell you--and I for one appreciate the honesty.....if you don't like what someone has to say.... move on...and don't give it another thought......I have seen plenty of posts that have been very 'nice' when people needed a "'atta boy"......

Of course, it's just my opinion....and I doubt that I'm alone. Maybe I didn't really answer the question posed...and like I said...just my opinion.