uniform

At my full-time job, we were uniform shirts without a badge. Then again, we're private EMS. The FD I work for has uniform shirts with badges, but they're for parades and the regular high profile stuff. We wear polo shirts with our logo on it as our duty uniform. I personally like the polo shirts.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our uniform is the same as Buckeyedoc's. Grey or white polo with black pants. Most folks on the squad don't put their NC level patches on their shirts, it just looks to wankerish.. Their wallet card confirms the appropriate level, should someone ask. At night we have the flight suit/coveralls, with all the reflective strips on them. Personally, depending on the weather, I'd much rather just wear the vest ( which I do ).

Oh yeah, no badges. GFR( Greenville Fire and Rescue ) has badges, but we don't require them or want them for that matter.

nonsytem als/ bls transport cars wear 2 peice class b uniforms w/ name plates and badges or our polos. We can also wear our company 1/4 zip sweatshirt and jacket at night.

911 system cars can wear whatever they want including 1 peice jumpsuits, tshirts, and I heard rumors they even have butt-ass ugly turnsouts you can wear if you really want to. Most system cars people wear their badges except in areas of the city where you run the risk of getting shot because of it.

I think people should choose their uniform based on more professional considerations than what idiots on television are doing.

And I think this topic has been discussed to DEATH, in a not so civil fashion, on this board, as well as every other EMS forum ever started. And I think I won't be the only one to suggest you use the search function to find the previous discussions to save a rematch of the previous fights.

Yeah, sure they look professional. Problem is, it's the wrong profession. You have no authority. You are supposed to be a MEDICAL professional. Nothing more. Concentrate on being that or choose a more appropriate profession.

[stream:539f9848c5]http://www.darryl.com/badges/bsbadges.wav[/stream:539f9848c5]

Neither do fire fighters but every fire department I've ever been around wear badges. A badge doesn't automatically mean you have "authority". I could comment on this thread all day but it'd be futile in so many ways.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.