Definition of a ParaGod

OK OK OK

Im starting to think im being targeted by my own post here. I have a Star tattoo on my Right shoulder not my left .... Damn it LMAO

Race

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:-k Hmmmm.....Do I detect a slight slimy-larity here....LMAO....

You tattoototinbictakethehairoffyourheadicanfixyourightupparagod!!!

LMFAO!!! Sorry...I'm onry,full of vinegar and lots o mischeviousness today....I don't know what's gotten into me. :bounce:

:wink:

If you find yourself unaccountably feeling bad about yourself as a result of interacting with a person to whom you meant no harm, you may have encountered someone suffering from narcissistic personality disorder. This book

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/074321427...ce&n=283155

does nice job explaining how these folks operate and what to do about it. Not a perfect account, but very good. The author's explanation is that some of us when growing up are not taught to negotiate the inevitable experience of shame that starts when we are toddlers, the age at which we learn to differentiate ourselves from a world that it often more powerful than we are. Normal development includes screwing up, feeling bad, and being soothed by caregivers in a balanced way. Individuals who are either brutally shamed by adults and then left to their own devices afterward, and individuals treated with the other extreme, that is, those who "can do no wrong," consequently never learn to "manage" the shame that is part of every child's and adult's life at one time or another. Because they cannot tolerate it, they often very skilfully "offload" their shame onto those around them. In order to feel up they must put someone else down. (Sound familiar?) One way to do this is to become proficient (or at least licensed) in techniques that make others dependent on you, like, uh, emergency medicine -- but not only emergency medicine; there are jerks in every department of life, as we all know, and emergency medicine mostly attracts people for the right reasons I hope.

A paragod sounds like a narcissist using a badge (a stethoscope can be a badge) as a shield against awareness of his own imperfection. Contrary to popular belief, this character is suffering not from an inflated sense of self, but rather lives in constant horror of being found out to be a crumb-bum, hence the posturing.

2500 years ago a fellow set out on a quest to acquire wisdom, and he found frauds and ignoramuses in all the professions. Then,

"At last I went to the artisans, for I was conscious that I knew

nothing at all, as I may say, and I was sure that they knew

many fine things; and here I was not mistaken, for they did

know many things of which I was ignorant, and in this they

certainly were wiser than I was. But I observed that even the

good artisans fell into the same error ... because

they were good workmen they thought that they also knew all

sorts of high matters, and this deceit in them overshadowed

their wisdom; and therefore I asked myself ... whether I would like to be as I was, neither having their

knowledge nor their ignorance, or like them in both; and I

made answer to myself and to the oracle that I was better off

as I was."

That was Socrates, who so annoyed the paragods of his day that they executed him. So please be careful.

well reading this I thought that I would throw in my two cents worth....

ParaGod... Someone who forgets that they use to an EMT's before they were a Paramedic..... In the years that I've been doing this (19 now 12 of those as an EMT) I seen my share of Paragods.... They get that Paramedic cert and you can just watch their heads become so big that they can't go through doors with out turning side ways....They know everything and they also forget everything too......They also like to state I'm the PARAMEDIC your just the emt/driver...... they also forget that BLS comes before ALS.. If you can't remember your BLS skills how can you do your ALS skills..... Seen to many medic forget that too.

That's my two cents on Paragods

I've got to throw Mmy two cents in here now! Paragods are those medics that have forgotten that they themselves were once 'lowly basics' like the rest of us, and hence spend their time talking down to those of us Basics that actually want to LEARN something, (if they even deign the 'lowly basic' WORTHY enough to be spoken to at all!) They seem to have forgotten that BAISIC care ALWAYS preceeds advanced care, and are always flaunting their education and certificates. They make it clear that anyone who is not a PARAMEDIC should be eliminated from the medical field, and refuse to give any creedence to the necessity and need for BLS and LLS providers. They're 'above' routine transfers that the lower levels have to suffer through, (which by the way allows the company the resources to pay their 'god wages'.

Arrogance, attitude and self induced 'superiority' are NOT qualities that provide good pt care, and are contraindicated for good working conditions.

Paragods need to drop their attitudes, and realize that even though they are part of the PARAMEDIC 'class'....they still put their boots on just like the Intermediates and Basics. And believe it or not.....they're nothing more than mortal humans with a mobidly obese ego (from all the time spent patting themselves on the back) :shock:

I think that less time should be devoted to the whole 'I'm better than you, because Im a PARAMEDIC!' b/s needs to be dropped and more time spent on learning to practice better medicine, and better pt care. They ARE the reason we do what we do!

Just the thoughts from one of the 'lowly Basics'

The problem wouldn't exist if EMT's simply accepted the fact tht Paramedics are better than them.

I will have to disagree with you on this one.... Just because medic's are allowed to do more doesn't make us better then EMT's... regardless I work with some great EMT's that have in more then one occasion saved my ass in more way then one.... So we as Medic are not better then them, Just remember that once upon a time you were one of those EMT's........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.