Definition of a ParaGod

OK before Dust and Rid and Ace climb all over me ... i did the search and spent a couple hours reading past forums and such ... all 45 that the search brought up on the "ParaGod" subject.

Now this is what i am asking.

What is the definition of a ParaGod?

I want both ALS and BLS interpretations of the term, so please when and if you post i would like to see your Cert. or license level. this is not to start an argument strictly research. I know that an argument will break out and i will ask now that we try to keep it on topic. None of the other posts had a clearly defined individual definition except Dust's. This is for a project i am working on and will be happy to post on here when completed.

Thanks

Race

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ParaGod: an individual with EMS certification/licensing at the EMT-Paramedic level. This individual more often than not considers him/herself to be the SH*T. Can do no wrong, has all the answers, makes sure their EMT-P patch is visible on everything they own. This person is always right, no matter what evidence exists to the contrary. :shock:

NOTE: I know of a career EMT-I that reached EMT-P level not long ago. this person was always cocky, and full of bullsh*t...but it only got worse when Paramedic level was achieved. This person was "dared" to get "PARAGOD" on their license plate. Damn if the person didn't. :roll: They have since replaced the plate in question w/ a standard RS plate, which often obtained by Rescue & EMS providers in my state, after much razzing from fellow EMS providers. To me, the person that dared them is just as much of an A**HOLE as the person that the plate belonged to.

ParaGods have no business in patient care. They're a malpractice/lawsuit waiting to happen.

IMHO, that is.

Nate, Dustdevil can't be a Paragod, He didn't shave his head! j/k :lol:

In my opinion ( which with a $1.50 might get you a cup of coffee) RM, a Paragod as stated by our esteemed colleagues knows everything there is to know about paramedicine. Enough to kill someone! Their ideas are ALWAYS right, mine/our's are always wrong. They're usually loud, overbearing individuals who never drive because their place is in the back of the ambo :roll: even on a medic/medic unit.

Just for fun, we can't forget the shaven head, Oakley's, Star of life tattoo and their vanity plates on the POV which read " MEDICONE" 8) :lol:

OK thanks all for participating ...

But the shaved head comment has me concerned....( rubbing freshly shaved melon) * wondering if the consider me a ParaGod?* LMAO

The paper is not due for a week so please all participate... feel free to voice your opinion and friendly ribbings. Please i will say again, No personal insults i am not doing this to start anything except research

Thanks

Race

I agree with Jake's definition. But, Paragod's aren't only Paramedics, I've seen plenty of Paragod EMT's, and FR's!

OK....a poet I am NOT...but here goes my stab....

I am better than your best.

I'm a PARAGOD....YO!

I can fix your full arrest.

I'm a PARAGOD....YO!

Fix your fracture,

Cure your ill...

With my bare hands,

I'll make you whole.

Bring it on....who needs pills?!

I'm a PARAGOD....YO!

Don't challenge ME...

Cuz I'm the BEST...

What's that?...another full arrest?...

See me poundin' on his chest...

I'm a PARAGOD....YO!

LMFAO...I have too much time on my hands today.....btw...I'm at work. :roll:

xoxoxo

Luv,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.