Future Job Opportunities...

The next generation of super jumbo jets will need a full-time medic on board, the Royal College of Nurses said today.

Rita Mody, a committee member of the college's In-flight Nurses Association, said the move is needed to make sure people who fall ill can get care immediately.

Statistics show that one in 1400 passengers have an onboard medical emergency and eight per cent of those incidents result in an unscheduled landing. Ms Mody said the high numbers of passengers that can be carried on Airbus A380s will lead to a "high probability that someone will fall ill".

The Airbus A380 is the world's largest passenger plane and can carry as many as 840 people.

Virgin Atlantic, which is putting the A380 into service in 2009, said its staff had extensive medical training. A spokeswoman said the airline planned to board no more than 550 passengers.

Knowing the feds, if they ever do that here, they'll probably just cross-train the Air Marshall's as medics.

After all, EMS isn't about medicine. It's just about transportation. :roll:

I hope one of their requriements is that a paramedic must have another job or something. If this was your only job, I can't imagine you being to good at your skills after a few years of never really using them. Kind of like a school nurse, most of them couldn't start an IV when they went through the last ACLS class that I was in. They simply didn't do them, so they lost the ability.

That sounds like a good weekend job, so long as they let me have carry my knife with me. There is no way I'm letting some angry fundamentalist person turn me into a missle. Come at me with a boxcutter and I'll send you back to Allah in a f--ing box.

That sounds like a good weekend job, so long as they let me have carry my knife with me. There is no way I'm letting some angry fundamentalist person turn me into a missle. Come at me with a boxcutter and I'll send you back to Allah in a f--ing box.

Your an angry, angry man asys...wait...i remember something that seemed to make you happier...

untitled564984984869.jpg

Feel calmer now? good...........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.