Am I to old?

You are the joke...you know nothing about me. So don't even try... I've been a member here far longer than you. Take a poll....Mr. March 20. Your posts from day one have been about nothing but crappy outlooks on life and your profession because you are bitter. I'm sorry...but not my problem. You are very welcome here...but don't even try to pull that crap with me. Done...end of discussion....your juvenile comments don't upset me. I'm far beyond that. As far as a blog....Einstein...they are made to express your personal feelings...whether they make sense to you or not...as I said before... you don't know me. Serious discussions and professional conversations are for forums. If you don't like my personal and private thoughts...don't read them in my blog... As for your post...maybe so many people wouldn't be getting upset if you hadn't made such an idiotic statement...deal with it.

ps...I'd rather you just never talk to me anymore. Your mindless crap and personal insults are not my style...I have no desire to carry on further with you. Have a nice life... And btw...there's NO ONE on this board that I don't get along with or that thinks I'm mean or difficult in the slightest....just you....therefore...refer back to my first sentence. :roll:

Adios Mr. Difficult person...no time for you :cya:

Well said 8 =D>

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dust had said that the TV shows were not what this career is like.... very true... I couldn't agree more.. however i do watch them... Is there any Glam or heroism in this job.... Yea kinda ... there is but its not US its the outside world that puts us up on a pedestal ... that has a huge hand in how fast you become burnt out...

It seems to ME that sweeper, you are a burn out!!! just by reading your posts ... you have a ton of years and miles under your boots ... nobody here wants to take that from you ... you have alot to give back to those of us that are new in the field.. I have only become a medic in the last couple years... i am 31 yrs old ... but have been in EMS since 1992... i have alot to learn and really don like people that don't know me or my motives for becoming a medic to tell me I'm too old to do it and that i am not serious...

As you have seen you have picked at the wrong person ... 8 is only trying to make a point that you have no clue who we are or what we have planned in our own future as medics....

you should be here to help us build a stronger profession and help to move out of the "ambulance driver " status we have been locked in to for many years... But it seem you are only here to push us back another 20 yrs. We don't need it nor do we want it... If your career in the streets has been so miserable that you hate EMS so bad that you have nothing positive to share or tips to us that will help correct some of the wrongs committed to you and others like you then please leave.... we don't need it or want it here... we have all committed ourselves to furthering our education as well as professional status and need all the help we can get to gain that recognition that has been kept from us.

Sweeper please ... help us .. don't come in here and continually try to burn out others before they have a chance to find out exactly what this field is like. It is a great job and full of rewards as well as hardships... we need your help and the help of others like Rid and dust that were there in the beginning and are still around to forge us in to the Medics we need to be to carry us in to the future... before they decide that the medic are an antiquated idea and start placing nurses and PA's on the trucks... i know that is far fetched but think about it the Nursing profession is established and has a support system in place that gets them what they want.... we can't even agree on what a medic is 90% of the time....

OK my rant is over ...

Race

Dust had said that the TV shows were not what this career is like.... very true... I couldn't agree more.. however i do watch them... Is there any Glam or heroism in this job.... Yea kinda ... there is but its not US its the outside world that puts us up on a pedestal ... that has a huge hand in how fast you become burnt out...

It seems to ME that sweeper, you are a burn out!!! just by reading your posts ... you have a ton of years and miles under your boots ... nobody here wants to take that from you ... you have alot to give back to those of us that are new in the field.. I have only become a medic in the last couple years... i am 31 yrs old ... but have been in EMS since 1992... i have alot to learn and really don like people that don't know me or my motives for becoming a medic to tell me I'm too old to do it and that i am not serious...

As you have seen you have picked at the wrong person ... 8 is only trying to make a point that you have no clue who we are or what we have planned in our own future as medics....

you should be here to help us build a stronger profession and help to move out of the "ambulance driver " status we have been locked in to for many years... But it seem you are only here to push us back another 20 yrs. We don't need it nor do we want it... If your career in the streets has been so miserable that you hate EMS so bad that you have nothing positive to share or tips to us that will help correct some of the wrongs committed to you and others like you then please leave.... we don't need it or want it here... we have all committed ourselves to furthering our education as well as professional status and need all the help we can get to gain that recognition that has been kept from us.

Sweeper please ... help us .. don't come in here and continually try to burn out others before they have a chance to find out exactly what this field is like. It is a great job and full of rewards as well as hardships... we need your help and the help of others like Rid and dust that were there in the beginning and are still around to forge us in to the Medics we need to be to carry us in to the future... before they decide that the medic are an antiquated idea and start placing nurses and PA's on the trucks... i know that is far fetched but think about it the Nursing profession is established and has a support system in place that gets them what they want.... we can't even agree on what a medic is 90% of the time....

OK my rant is over ...

Race

:)/ Wow Race....I'm very proud of you....that was VERY well said...and very sincere. I think this reflects the opinions of most of us here... We're not here to fight. Look...everyone is going to disagree at times...but as we have all said before...EMS is a brutal field. We maim, torture and devour our own. Goodness people....let's just get along and stop bashing the hell out of each other. Expressing opinions are fine...debating is good for the soul...cleansing...enlightening...and contributory to learning. Name calling and insults are only part of our spiral downward...I don't know about all of you...but I'm not willing to go there, and most definitely not without a hell of a fight. I love my job. I love my career...and I am much a very compassionate people person. It's so disheartening to see everyone fighting all the time. It accomplishes nothing. If we can't support and learn from each other...then we have nothing, and we certainly are not going to ever be viewed as professionals.

Again..Race...I think you are right on the money.... :wink:

xoxoxo

I know a guy who is in paramedic class at Methodist Hospital Paramedic course in Indianapolis who is 60!!!!

soooo your not too old!

I was on the 1st page of this thread, with the intent of reading each post, before posting my own...but hell with it, I'm going to be late for work if I do.

My father was 48 when he took the EMT-B (then EMT-A) course. This was in 1990. Today, he's an NREMT-P, and still as active as ever. He's a volunteer that answers more calls than most paid folks do. He retired from a Paid Agency just last year.

Do the math. It's not for everybody, but it may just be for you.

I am 33 years old and just getting into this field. I am finishing up this semester top of my class. I am top of the class because I am the most motivated. For the last 5 years I have been a roofer. For five years before that I hung drywall. Want to talk about breaking a body down? As far as physical strain goes, this job is a cakewalk. Lifting the occasional bariatric is fine with me.

I have spent the last few years kicking myself for not using my head to make a living instead of my back. Now I have found EMS and I love it. Now I can help people, provide a valuable service and almost eek out enough money to live on. This time next year I will be a medic. I am here to stay.

Too old? Never. If you find something you love, at least you can have a happy life doing it. Trust me, it's better than doing something you hate no matter how much you make. Happiness is more valuable than money. I'll take job satisfaction and low pay over a life of regret and plenty of money any time. Appearantly, so will you, cause here you are. Do what you love, and you will be rich.

Too old? Never. If you find something you love, at least you can have a happy life doing it. Trust me, it's better than doing something you hate no matter how much you make. Happiness is more valuable than money. I'll take job satisfaction and low pay over a life of regret and plenty of money any time. Appearantly, so will you, cause here you are. Do what you love, and you will be rich.

WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo Katiebug!!!!! =D>

As we've all said a million times...you're not gonna get rich....but what defines rich? I'll take the moments over money any day. I'll take that look of ease that I put on my patient's face when I was able to help their pain with medication. I'll take the little boy who dries his tears as he realizes that that IV wasn't so bad and now we're playing with elmo and talking power rangers....I'll take with me and hold dear to my heart those moments of honor when I was the last one to hold your mother's hand...and yes...she did die peacefully..... I'll take the meek smile and quiet tears and hugs from the wife who I was able to tell that yes....we were able to get a pulse back...but we need to get him to the hospital...so we can try to get him home to you....the mother who has to be cut out of her vehicle, and is trapped...bleeding and feeling helpless...but asking if her children are ok...and as I hold her hand and talk to her in the twisted mangled car...I'm able to calm her down and assure her that her children are fine and that we need to focus on her injuries...intimately learning things about her that she thought she'd never tell a stranger...talking her through everything until I can put her in my truck and take care of her...

Define rich..... My back hurts every day...and somedays are wearier than others, but I have a home, food to eat, a family, friends, I love my job and I'm happy. I'm very, very rich......

xoxoxo :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.