Stay and Play and Load and Go Scenarios

Hi my name is is Le'Keitha and I am an EMT-b student. I need some help my teacher gave us an assignment. We have to create 4 ficticious patients and scene scenarios that would involve 2 "Stay and Play" and 2 "Load and Go". They are to come completete with physical signs of what the patient looks like upon examination and medical history and other pertinent information. Medical cause for injury or illness.Vital signs, weather conditions, bystanders if their are any. We are allowed to use the internet and other sources to come up with the scenes. Can Someone Please Help!!!!!!!

Ok here go's: Time of call: 19:20 10m/o Ped female fell off of couch hit glass table and carpeted floor. Knocked out for about 20 secs.

Weather conditions is windy night. Mother brings out pt to truck. Pt LOC iks alert happy and playing. Pt's hands and feet were very flushed. Pt has a contusion on her forhead and in the back of her head. Vital signs are BP CAP 2.5 P 130 Resp 25 T 97.4

S Loss of con for brief moment and contusion

A NKA

M Albuterol

P Asthma, 34 week premature vag deliv

L 8 oz formula 2 hrs ago

E Ped was playing on couch with mom and fell

Explained to parent that I will immobilize ped with a cervical collar and back board and will transport to hospital.

ETA is 30 minutes away from hospital. This is my stay and play . This trip is not an ALS only the second one is.

With this patient i was able to make a detailed physical exam.

Load and Go

I called to a scene to 30 y/o M c/o chest pains. I arrive on scene at 03:10 to find pt lying supine on the floor.

I hear audible respirations coming from lungs, pt is having a hard time breathing states that he had got ahold to some bad cheese (crack). About half hour ago. Vital signs are B/P 80/50 P 45 Resp 10 While getting vital signs

Pt goes into resp arrest, no pulse. I start CPR while my partner gets the AED ready and call for ALS Pt receives 3 shocks I check pulse it is 40 placed pt on high concentration oxygen w/ NBR at 15 lpm Met ASL at a location safe for land

I got one...

26 y/o female on her way to EMT-B class is chased down by a bunch of angry people from an online forum who begin to pelt her with various EMS related objects...

Just kidding. Welcome to the City. I can be a little rough in here.

Even when spell check is working.

I got one...

26 y/o female on her way to EMT-B class is chased down by a bunch of angry people from an online forum who begin to pelt her with various EMS related objects...

Just kidding. Welcome to the City. It can be a little rough in here.

Edited for Michael's approval (and to post pad :D )

When is this due???

When was it assigned?

Give us a idea of what you have thought of already.

We can surely help you with some of the work but you have to show us you are willing to do most if not all of the work. WE can critique your scenarios and give suggestions but this is not the forum to get your work done for you.

I look forward to hearing what you've come up with so far.

My one concern is the vital signs on the 'load and go'

Is the BP 50 / 80 (which isn't possible) or 80 / 50?

Most crack OD's wouldn't present bradycardic and bradypneic unless they were circling down the drain, in which they probably wouldn't be able to communicate to you that they got ahold of bad crack.

Just my two cents,

Devin

Basically it comes with education, knowledge and experience. I never play at a scene, I might not worry about scene time sometimes this may involve more psychological care than physical treatment. There are cases, in which the extra time may actually resolve or prevent further harm and then there are cases in which there will be no stabilization and only more detail intervention will do.

Of course true trauma cases need rapid intervention, as well as surgical cases. Unless you are able to provide thombolytic therapy for an AMI then expediate transfer should occur.

Be safe,

R/ R 911

I'm confused. You call the first one a "stay and play?" What can you possibly do for this kid? :shock:

And why would the second scenario be "load and go?" Why would it be a candidate for aeromedical evac? :?

And why would a basic be sent on either one of these runs?

When it comes right down to it, all runs are "load and go" when you're on a basic ambo.