Why I quit attending my EMT-B course

Michael

That’s because I just learned I passed the state exam (*whew*).

Thank you dear friends for keeping my information straight, my spirits up, my wonder renewed, and my laughter at 360 joules w/ frequent compressions.

Now of course I’m ready to start learning. As Mark Twain said, “I never let my schooling interfere with my education.” Actually, my course was great; more than I could have wished for.

For my very next lesson: There’s been a lot of attention on this board paid to the NREMT rest, which has hardly been spoken of in my class or corps. My impression has been that the N is relevant only if an emt-b [and that would be me]

a) certified in a state that uses the NR cert as its own state certification

or

:D relocates to another state that recognizes the NR and does not have reciprocity with the state in which one certified.

Further clarification, anyone, about whether and in what ways the N-test should concern me?

Michael (that’s EMT-B, if you please, tee-hee)

Speaking only for Arizona.

National Registry is used to test competency for initial certification. You have to fill out a separate state application, but you don't have to take a separate test. This assumes that the course you took is recognized by the state.

If you are coming from somewhere else and currently have a National Registry card, then you will be required to take an ALS refresher course prior to being granted state certification.

I do know that some places require only a state application fee, and copies of your current cards, New Mexico being one. There are also those places that require a fee, your cards, then you have to take either a written, or a practical exam before being granted a state license. Utah and Colorado used to be this way, but I'm not sure of current policy.

The best way to find out is to ask the people in the state/region you want to go. All of the regulatory agencies are happy to give you this information. Just keep in mind, you may get different answers from different people in these agencies.

The National Registry is an non-profit organization that administers testing for the multiple levels of EMT. There are approximately 40 states that recognize the NREMT as a training or certification. If you ever decide to move or change locations, or positions, I recommend taking this test.

Be safe,

R/R 911

I THINK THAT THE NREMT IS A JOKE ONE OF MY CO WORKERS TOOK IT AND WENT TO STATE THAT WANTED YOU TO HAVE IT THEY STILL WANTED HIM TO TAKE A 10 WEEK CLASS AND TAKE THERE STATE EXAM SO AS FAR AS I CAN SEE IT DOES NOTHING I HAVE HEARD OTHER STATES ARE THE SAME THEY WILL TAKE THE NREMT BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO TAKE THERE EXAM I YHOUGHT THE NREMT WAS SO YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO TEST IN OTHER STATES YOU COULD GO TO WORK

I THINK THAT THE NREMT IS A JOKE ONE OF MY CO WORKERS TOOK IT AND WENT TO A STATE THAT WANTED YOU TO HAVE IT THEY STILL WANTED HIM TO TAKE A 10 WEEK CLASS AND TAKE THERE STATE EXAM SO AS FAR AS I CAN SEE IT DOES NOTHING I HAVE HEARD OTHER STATES ARE THE SAME THEY WILL TAKE THE NREMT BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO TAKE THERE EXAX I THOUGHTTHE NREMT WAS SO YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO TEST IN OTHER STATES YOU COULD GO TO WORK

I THINK THAT THE NREMT IS A JOKE ONE OF MY CO WORKERS TOOK IT AND WENT TO STATE THAT WANTED YOU TO HAVE IT THEY STILL WANTED HIM TO TAKE A 10 WEEK CLASS AND TAKE THERE STATE EXAM SO AS FAR AS I CAN SEE IT DOES NOTHING I HAVE HEARD OTHER STATES ARE THE SAME THEY WILL TAKE THE NREMT BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO TAKE THERE EXAM I YHOUGHT THE NREMT WAS SO YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO TEST IN OTHER STATES YOU COULD GO TO WORK

wow....where to start...

1.) OH my god, the caps lock is NOT your friend...

2.)Seriously, did you have an arguement with punctuation this week?

3.) Spell check, spell check, spell check...

4.) Grammar eeeeeeek bad....

....and on a side note, congrats Michael!!! :):)

Heh... I agree PRPG.... UGH... I didn't know where to start either.

Congratulations Michael. I'm don't get the warm and fuzzies from the NREMT either, however, they are recognized by 40-some states, and some states DO have a simple reciprocity process. Just think of it as icing to the cake... I would encourage you to take it for any future plans you may have (even those you don't know about yet).

I THINK THAT THE NREMT IS A JOKE ONE OF MY CO WORKERS TOOK IT AND WENT TO A STATE THAT WANTED YOU TO HAVE IT THEY STILL WANTED HIM TO TAKE A 10 WEEK CLASS AND TAKE THERE STATE EXAM SO AS FAR AS I CAN SEE IT DOES NOTHING I HAVE HEARD OTHER STATES ARE THE SAME THEY WILL TAKE THE NREMT BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO TAKE THERE EXAX I THOUGHTTHE NREMT WAS SO YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO TEST IN OTHER STATES YOU COULD GO TO WORK

So you didn't pass the test did you?

I can always tell the ones that have never had professional education with board exams. NREMT is an organization that administers TESTS ! That's it short & simple !.

Take the test OR not take test.. it is up to you ! Want to move to 40 some other states, you might to have taken & pass the test. Some states will not recognize other states certifications or schools... some states will give you a license or certification immediately if you are CURRENTLY NREMT certified... thus less hassle, some won't.

Don't blame the NREMT..blame the state. C'mon folks this is not rocket science. Thank god we don't have multiple testing organizations like respiratory or laboratory tech.'s have .. we would have to have it's own forum and web site !

Be safe,

R/R 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.