Pet Peeve sayings

Ridryder 911

"hysterical". The only things that are hysterical are out of control females and psych patients."..

There's a difference ?... now, that's hilarious !! :lol:

R/R 911

Point well taken, Rid... Unfortunately, you speak the truth, wise one. LMAO! :roll:

xoxo :wink:

Luv, 8

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest pet peeve is people dissing volunteer departments, yes I realize there are some morons out there who are volunteers that show up with no clue what so ever......BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN ALL OF US ARE LIKE THAT!!!!!! Just because I don't get paid and I don't respond to 100 plus calls a year does not mean that I am incapable of helping someone who is sick or injured!! :evil: Also and I replied to this post as well is those in the EMS service that are intolerant against young ems workers. Yes the girl in the post about the house on fire was an idiot, but I have been in EMS since I was seventeen and yes I have made mistakes, but I also know that my Chief who is a paramedic has immense trust in me and knows that I will do my best and represent the department well. :evil:

ok sorry I had to rant.....I feel better now :)

My biggest pet peeve is people dissing volunteer departments, yes I realize there are some morons out there who are volunteers that show up with no clue what so ever......BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN ALL OF US ARE LIKE THAT!!!!!!

No. It just means that you are depriving your community of full-time professional care through your selfishness. But if your conscience is okay with that, good for you.

I'm sure somebody already mentioned it.

I hate the phrase "BLS saves ALS"

Yes, it has already been stated at least twice in this thread, but it certainly is worth repeating! :)

No. It just means that you are depriving your community of full-time professional care through your selfishness. But if your conscience is okay with that, good for you.

Tooshay!!!

Despite your good intentions, the fact that you keep showing up to do it for free is making 100% sure that your town/village/circle of wagons will never have to pay for professional EMS workers.

So, my new pet peeve;

People who don't realise that they are cheating themselves out of a living by doing it for free. (don't say its impossible to make a living in EMS, I made over $60,000 last year).

NO the town that we volunteer for is a good distance away from a hospital and the paid paramedics and EMTs that transport take longer than most, and they are very thankful for our help!! But I guess if you want your relatives to wait thirty to forty minutes with no help go right ahead, we can't take away from something that will never exist in a small town sorry to disappoint you.

NO the town that we volunteer for is a good distance away from a hospital and the paid paramedics and EMTs that transport take longer than most, and they are very thankful for our help!! But I guess if you want your relatives to wait thirty to forty minutes with no help go right ahead, we can't take away from something that will never exist in a small town sorry to disappoint you.

Small town eh? I work in a town that has a population of lass than 500. We have two ambulances and are contractually obligated to be in the truck responding in one minute. We are also contractually obligated to be on scene in town in under nine minutes and under 20 for the surrounding county. Anything over fifteen minutes outside of town is covered by the local VFDs. They provide medical first response but do not transport. (our medical first response certification is quite similar to the EMT-B however they are not allowed to work on ambulances).

No are not dissapointing anyone. Your concept of how things work is flawed.

Exactly. Sorry, firegurl, but your situation doesn't prove the worth of your volunteers. It only proves the inadequacy of your paid service.

It is not enough to simply have a paid service. It is necessary to have an ADEQUATE paid service.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.