Pet Peeve sayings

Ridryder 911

I think that we should set it up so that forum admin has to see your state license before you can post under a certification, otherwise your user name should have student under it in big bold letters.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I learned in my EMT class..." This is usually followed by "The class I took in 1962 said..." What, do you honestly think nothing has changed in 40 some years?

"When are they going to allow (insert level) to do (insert procedure)?" Do I look like someone from the state regulatory agency that makes that decision. Get away from me. You're stealing my oxygen!

And the all time favorite, "How do you deal with all of the blood and guts you guys see?" Answer: The same way you deal with the pile of cockroach infested, foul smelling former food in your kitchen sink.

UGH!!!

one that sticks in my mind (because it was said VERY LOUDLY in front of family while working an arrest) was "......because I broke about 10 of her ribs doing compressions"

<insert my look of disgust here>

and from same said basic on a different call--"looks like a-fib to me, but I'm not the medic"

(no sh!t.....so shut up and let ME do MY job)

oh, and I'm not a basic hater......just one in particular.......

and from same said basic on a different call--"looks like a-fib to me, but I'm not the medic"

(no sh!t.....so shut up and let ME do MY job)

oh, and I'm not a basic hater......just one in particular.......

sounds exactly like someone I have worked with in the past has said. [/font:a92f7535bd]

Pet peeves here:

1. People who discuss (often at length) procedures, equipment, conditions, and situations that they can't even spell yet.

2. People who degrade others simply because of the position they hold in the system. There is need and room for ALL levels in the EMS system from First Aider to Paramedic (Divine), as long as each is aware of his/her scope. It is counterproductive and elitist to base your opinion of someone on what they can't do in a situation. Use them for what they can.

3. People who pound the other Emerg services with a large hammer. Yes-there are incompetents in all branches, but none would be able to function properly without the other. I have had bad experiences with police and fire, but they have saved my lily-white more times than not.

4. Wannabes who have flunked the test multiple times and are looking for the easy way to pass it - the solution is simple -STUDY the stuff so you know it, or get another career.

Thanks for the soapbox, Rid

One NON word:

IRREGARDLESS

It makes you look REALLY stupid when it is said...and especially written to someone with any education.

I have been peeved about this for too long now. This has been a good stress reliever!!! Thank you for your attention.

That is my biggest pet peeve. I know people with high education (several doctors) who use this non-word. Drives me nuts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.