Pet Peeve sayings

Ridryder 911

Here's some dispatcher idiocy that drives me crazy:

"Stage prior to arrival." (Don't tell me how to run my call from your air conditioned office in the basement of city hall!)

"Your scene is secure." (Yeah, like you have the slightest clue what is going on at my scene from your air conditioned office in the basement of city hall!)

"Medic 28 disregard. Medic 31 is closer." (No dumbass, their district is closer, but their unit is actually five miles farther away than mine!)

"The computer system is down." (So what, you idiot! Did you forget how to use a map?)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pet peeve sayings............

1: emergency medical technician

2: paramedics / medics are better than the rest

3: bus

4: cot

5: i would do this job for nothing. becuse i care...(or any similar response)

6: fire fighters saying the are better than any emergency medical service

7: same as above telling me that my job is not dangerous/ risky/ as inportant as theirs

thats my two bobs worth............there is probably more...........

stay safe

This is a good one that drive me up walls. I hear it constantly from Basic and Intermediates [please, not to be taken as insult I just don't get the pleasure of working with another Paramedic -ever- in NH or VT...] but talking about training, and here's a great example: talking about CHF and COPD, and cardiac asthma, and explaining a possible misdiagnosis. An Intermediate and a Basic then mention albuterol, and 'What can I then do if they go into flash pulmonary edema?'

-- "I can't do anything for that."

So, before I try to strangle them [honestly, I didn't really try. I'm not that malicious] I take a few seconds, and explain different options that they have. including up to ::makes motion of ventilating a patient with a BVM::

"There's --NOTHING-- I can do for this..." etc.

Drive me nuts. Sorry for the rant. :wink:

Mine is the basic bashers. I mean I have worked with some emt's of different levels and they bash basics. I do not understand why. Well wait yes I do, but everyone was a basic at one time or another. The way I was taught was to be a good paramedic you have to be a good basic.

It is funny I am in my 2nd semister of paramedic school. I have learned more the past 3 weeks than I think I ever have. LOL I mean there is so much more to this stuff than what meets the eyes.

Today I had a LPN ask me what I was going to school for. I very proudly said PARAMEDIC. His reply was go jump out of a plane to get ur rush and do Nursing to make the money. Why do people not get that we are not in this for the money but for challenges and other emotions that come with this job. I know that the pay and hours are not well but being able to help people in the situations we do is what makes it the best job.

Absoutely! Anyone that hates on any level is a MORON, every level has its purpose. By the way, paragods, nursegods, doctorgods... there's ALWAYS a higher level than you! And if there isn't, you're probably on your yacht right now.

Hate the moron, not the title!

OK...something that annoys the shit out of me.... People always tell you a funny story and then say..."It was hysterical." No...the word you need to use is not "hysterical". The only things that are hysterical are out of control females and psych patients. Hysterical means: (and I quote from Webster's finest) 1. a psychoneurosis marked by emotional excitability and disturbances of the psychic, sensory, vasomotor and visceral functions. 2. unmanageable fear or emotional excess. Hysterical is more of a condition....not an adjective.

The word you NEED is hilarious which means.... cheerful; marked by or affording hilarity. Exhiliration of spirits that may be carried to the point of boisterous convivality or merriment.

SO...Please do not say....so and so did blah blah blah...and it was hysterical...

Say....so and so did blah blah and it was hilarious....

Trust me...you will look a whole lot less stupid. Think about this one...and you will be like....Oh YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH....

LMFAO...

Thank you...off my soapbox.....

xoxoxo

Luv, 8

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.