You might be a wanker if...

Dustdevil

Umm I do, but not for "wanker" reasons. My dispatched likes to LIE and say medics are unavailable so I leave my pager on for the als channel so I can HEAR their dispatches and know for a fact that units ARE available.

Is the first sign of wankerism is denial? :D

How about wearing your EMT-B class uniform to the grocery store?

Now, I did not put it on and then go to the grocery store. I went to the store on the way home from class. So there.

The looks I got as if I could break out into a dead run at any minute can be a little empowering. It sucks being a wannabe :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Beegers

Is the first sign of wankerism is denial? :D

Not in my opinion. I'm just tired of getting to the ER and ME being yelled at why weren't medics with us. I've gone into the ER with a resp pt and according to dispatch, medics unavailable....errr right....they were sipping coffee with the nurses at the ER for well over an hour.

I've written my dispatcher up for it. I AM NOT getting MY ass chewed out for HIS laziness in not wanting to call.

Does it count if you wear your Emt Class shirt when you clean your own bathroom?

My NREMT patch is a bookmark in a genealogy guide book.

I never tell anyone I am an Emt. except on calls when I have to identify myself etc.

I believe wacker is the appropriate term around here

Ive had friends call me up numerous times because someone they were with needed help, most memorably from a party i went to but left early and about 130 am was called to help with the drunks. Told em to call for an ambulance im going to sleep.

I have the squad plate on my car, have two pagers, only carry for fire everywhere though since when they call you go no set crews.

And whats wrong with wearing your dept. shirt more looking at VFD

OK

I see that i qualify as a lifetime card holder of the wanker club......LMAO

I have a Star of Life Tattoo.....

Most of my shirts are EMS related in some form or fashion .... cause im too cheap to buy any others.

I have 2 pagers, 1 for my Full time medic gig, the other for my occational VFD playtime.

No plates or stickers on the car or truck.

i do have a scanner but don't think i can find it under the dust ...lol

I do have my own ambulance, A 1952 packard convert-a-hearse..... 327 inline 8, three on the tree with overdrive top speed.......TO DAMN FAST FOR BIAS PLY TIRES........lol

I don't tell most people that i am a medic except the flight attendants on Flights..... Gets good perks, have been bumped to first class many times just for offering my services if needed before the plane ever leaves the concourse......

True wanker story.........

Medic from a county close by wears his crappy uniform on and off duty. His truck is covered in blue lights and he hangs out at work on his days off. The most impressive story about him happened at a funeral he attended off duty and wore his crappy uniform (dirty polo shirt, dirty protuffs with scissors hanging out of every pocket) and left his pager on. During the service their little rural ambo district gets a pager test and he never turns it down but just sits there and lets it go. This clown makes EMS clocks and sells them and everything in his house is somehow related to an EMS theme(never been in it). He's a legendary EMS wanker, but of course he is known for giving substandered care. I am seeing a coralation between wanker/bad medic

[/font:163c82ab8f]I'm soooo LMAO- every single person in my Paramedic class (with the exception of me of course :wink: ) perfectly fits the description of a wanker! They all wear their VFD sweat/t shirts, and their EMS boots with their jeans- and all they ever talk about is EMS- kinda makes you wonder if they even ever think about anything else! <ahttp://www.emtcity.com/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png' alt=':lol:'>

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.