Osage Industries

We have used Osage ambulances for 3 years. They have been one of the best trucks I have worked out of. I started in Collins ( old gas powered engines ) then we bought Wheeled Coach ( first round diesel engines ) The went to McCoy Millers, not to bad had a few problems with the box. Have been very happy with the Osage. Hardly had any problems with the box, and the problems that did arise Osage was fast in fixing.

I was at there plant yesterday and had the opportunity to look over FDNY's new Osage Brave. Nice looking ride, very interesting lighting package. There was no light bars, all box lights and looked to be LED lights. Looked NICE....

...very interesting lighting package. There was no light bars, all box lights and looked to be LED lights. Looked NICE....

That's what Frazer is doing too. The good thing about it is that they all seem to be putting the front box lights down at cab level instead of up at box roof level like most manufacturers tended to do with light bars. High mounted lights on a mod are almost useless. They're too high to be seen in a rearview mirror. In fact, even lights on the roof of the cab are too high to be seen in most cases. So it's good to see that they are lowering the front box lights on these trucks.

I would have to agree with DontFearTheReaper, :) Specially since I use to work with him years ago. I like Osage trucks. Back in 2002 when we lost 4 of our 5 trucks to a fire they delivered 2 trucks for us to use until we were able to get bids and replace the burnt up one. We have stayed with Osage ever since. Any problems we have found were and are addressed immediately by them. We have just ordered a new truck from them. This will be a f450 instead of the e450. Reasoning for the f series is a ford thing. The F series diesel has less problems then the E series does at the time of purchase.

One thing I really like is the friendly atmosphere at there plant. It is cool to watch them build one of these trucks, I never knew how much work went into the ambulance.

Our fire was caused by a short in the wiring in one of our units box. The trucks were remounted McCoy Miller boxes by a independent company that had went out of business just prior to the fire.

• 7 months later...

One of the squads that I work at just ordered 2 Osage trucks (due in Nov of this year). Never been in one of them ,but I've heard alot of good things about them.

As far as McCoy Miller(more like Destroy Miller) they are nothing but s#$t boxes. I swear they are built using modeling glue. I've been working in a new AEV we purchased about 7months ago,and so far I like it. Our chief/Administrator has ordered 3 new AEV units. He said he will never order McCoy Millers again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.