Just A Quick, Curious Question About Other Students Pre-recs

Good morning to all and I hope all is well out there, So I just wanted to ask a quick question involving what other prerequisites were involved in other students pursuits before they could attend school ( E.M.T -B ) , i know all states are not the same I just want to get a general idea of other peoples path for school, Thank you.

Before I could attend School I had to have the following mini-courses completed.

I.C.S 100 Incident Command Systems.

I.C.S 200 Incident Command Systems for single resources and initial action incidents.

Both of the I.C.S courses are done by FEMA.

Then a course that teaches you how to spot and respond to a patient with functional needs.

And then the next to last course that teaches how to spot and respond to a patient with Autism Spectrum Disorder.

And last but not least AWR-160 That is a course ran by TEEX ( Texas Engineering Extension Service ) This course is for WMD/ HAZ MAT / And terrorism awareness for Emergency First Responders.

I am Attending a State Training program, I am just curious if there are a lot of other students out there that have taken these courses and what they thought of them. My state of training is Indiana, Thank you for your time and best wishes to all.

Um, a highschool diploma, GED or be enrolled as a highschool student bit over the age of 18 by the time class is over and have healthcare provider CPR certification. Incident command and terrorism awareness were taught in our class as well as JUMP start.

When I obtained my EMT-B, some 8 years ago, all you needed was to have a high school diploma/GED, and be 18 years old.

I have since obtained the ICS courses as required by my county.

What is JUMP start?

When I took EMT-B in 2005, we had to have: PPE, Hazmat awareness, Cultural diversity/eeo, and the NIMS classes underway. Ultimately we had to have ICS 100, 200, 400, 600, & 800 I believe.

Um, a highschool diploma, GED or be enrolled as a highschool student bit over the age of 18 by the time class is over and have healthcare provider CPR certification. Incident command and terrorism awareness were taught in our class as well as JUMP start.

I agree I have the same requirements and scheduled to be taught here at my school in Georgia

When I obtained my EMT-B, some 8 years ago, all you needed was to have a high school diploma/GED, and be 18 years old.

I have since obtained the ICS courses as required by my county.

What is JUMP start?

START - Simple triage and rapid treatment JumpStart includes mci disaster triage for pediatrics

Nowadays most places require all the NIMS bullshat along with hazmat awareness.

There are some states offering the autism spectrum disorder as part of the course.

Nowadays most places require all the NIMS bullshat along with hazmat awareness.

There are some states offering the autism spectrum disorder as part of the course.

yes we had a section on speaking to and treating patient with autism

Those days are long gone Doc.

Especially with Fire service based EMS and Third service EMS systems.

The NIMS courses are required for government employees and anyone who applies for govt grants of any kind