Public Relations, you're doing it wrong

ERDoc

Gee with all that goes on on the world and all the other thing we could champion to our causes...we get tied up on a minor thing. I agree swearing at the camera man is not a professional thing to do, putting your hand over the lens to maintain patient privacy is not a problem for me....... The chief should have gone about this in an completely different way. And just because the video camera is out side the "magic" police tape does not mean it is not invading the patients rights.

Pt has EVERY RIGHT. Just because they are laying on an ambulance trolley does not mean they have no right to privacy. It is wrong to photograph/ videotape someone without their consent...just because they are on a street does not negate this , even more so when they are sick or injured. Yes the fire chief overstepped the mark a bit but he's was doing as a patient advocate. How do we know the person behind the camera was not a habitual trouble maker etc... we only get to see his side of the story.........as he made the video......

Actually Craig, the US Supreme court I believe has said in several decisions that if we are on a public street then we don't have any expectation of privacy. Otherwise the paparazzi would be out of business in our country.

I can take a picture of you walking down the public streets of the USA and you can't do a thing about it legally according to the US supreme court, now I wouldn't take your picture because I think you'd kick my ass so your picture taking days are safe with me Mate.

Actually Craig, the US Supreme court I believe has said in several decisions that if we are on a public street then we don't have any expectation of privacy. Otherwise the paparazzi would be out of business in our country.

I can take a picture of you walking down the public streets of the USA and you can't do a thing about it legally according to the US supreme court, now I wouldn't take your picture because I think you'd kick my ass so your picture taking days are safe with me Mate.

And you wonder why being a lawyer is such a demand in the states...the litigious capital of the world.......bet the paedofiles in kiddies playgrounds love that supreme court ruling

Edited by craig

And you wonder why being a lawyer is such a demand in the states...the litigious capital of the world.......bet the paedofiles in kiddies playgrounds love that supreme court ruling

Yeah, I don't make the rules, I hate the decisions that are handed down sometimes. I personally hate it that people can take my picture in a public place. It just sucks.

So in Australia, is it not legal to take someone's picture in public? I'm asking out of ignorance of your laws.

Yeah, I don't make the rules, I hate the decisions that are handed down sometimes. I personally hate it that people can take my picture in a public place. It just sucks. So in Australia, is it not legal to take someone's picture in public? I'm asking out of ignorance of your laws.
You need to get permission from the person in the photo, and media can take photos / video but the patient needs to be unidentifiable..........all works in theory, but in reality not always.........so I don't know how the papparizzi get around it. And in some cases the media taking the shot has a bad rep with the services and therefore do not get any assistance with photos/footage..Ala blocking view getting them moved away etc..

Yes the fire chief overstepped the mark a bit but he's was doing as a patient advocate...

I can guarantee you this had nothing to do with him being a patient advocate as it does with him showing who has a bigger penis.

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.