Another crazy lawsuit

ERDoc

Ridiculous considering the common element which precipitated his complains was BASKETBALL!!

He just needed to stop 'ballin.

Reminds me of a scene from The Jerk with Steve Martin AKA Navin Johnson...."Its these cans...he hates these cans!...More cans...!"

• Like 1

all i can say is ...only in America.......

gee have a heart attack playing basket ball, what would you do......thats right lets go play basketball..........

so people dont have ANY responsiblity for their OWN actions anymore?

Could the first ER visit have gone differently? Maybe. Would it have made a difference? Probably not. But to sue for something that happened 3-4 months later is crazy. I wonder why the PCP or cardiologist he followed up with weren't sued. Oh wait, probably because he didn't, even though he was told to. Personal responsibility anyone? This one is just as stupid as the one that sued for dying in a threesome.

Edited by ERDoc

The dude has pneumonia, an infected abdominal wound, a cardiac history, an AMI playing basketball and still wins the lawsuit .... the world has gone mad.

EDIT: He probably ate bacon three times a day as well. I wonder what his abdominal dimensions were?

Edited by DFIB

Nope, not the world. Just the US. Everyone is looking for their lottery ticket and this guy's family found theirs. Don't get me wrong. I feel horrible for his kids losing their father at such a young age, but to blame someone that saw him months before is just crazy.

Kids get orphaned every day. He possibly should have thought about that when he decided not follow indications and follow up on his condition.

But, Defib, its not his fault. Those horrible ER people should have made the appointments for him, gone to his house and taken him to the doctor's office.

Kaisu, I probably would have done them, but do you think the ER people should be held responsible for something that happened 3-4 months later? And what's to say his troponin would not have been negative? How far would you go with the workup?

Edited by ERDoc