TLC Shows

Nate

As for having an actor wearing a Paramedic and EMT patch on the same uniform shirt, sounds like a low budget show where the "continuity" people missed the mismatched patches.

Sorry, never actually seen the shows in the discussion, as I'm not on the cable or satellite.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone suggested CPR training as mandatory to renew their drivers licenses, for the general public?

Would that would mean anybody, due to preexisting medical problems, who is unable to get down on the floor to do CPR, couldn't get a license renewal?

Wow. I can hear the feeding frenzy from the lawyers following the Americans with Disabilities Act, suing up a storm!

If someone has a better idea for having a larger number of James Q. and Jane Q. Public take CPR training, please post it.

I don't know who is more annoying, the ADA or Jessie Jackson and his Rainbow Group.

Then perhaps CPR should be a HS graduation requirement. Students with a severe learning or physical disabilities are not required to take the standard curriculum as per waivers and special considerations. IE- students with cerebral palsy are given a special curriculum to follow usually it is basic composition skills, basic algebra, and some arts. MY HS had a special waiver for one student who was SEVERELY handicapped. He lacked coordination physically and mentally. They kept him in the Special Ed room for Math and English courses. For other courses such as Science and Social Studies he was mainstreamed. For PE he was able to sit in the gymnasium to get the PE attendance in. He did graduate with a HS Diploma, but again several waivers and considerations were made in order for him to graduate. He will likely end up in a group home when he turns 25 and his mother gets tired of taking care of him.

As for other HS students, CPR should be a HS graduation requirement. Re-cert every 2 yrs. IF the graduate should become physically or mentally handicapped after graduation, he must show proof of his disability to allow his CPR certs to lapse.

-Alco

Someone suggested CPR training as mandatory to renew their drivers licenses, for the general public?

Would that would mean anybody, due to preexisting medical problems, who is unable to get down on the floor to do CPR, couldn't get a license renewal?

Keep in mind that the AHA has a course called "CPR for Family & Friends), that does not "require" that students get on the floor (much less even show any skills)... I'd be happy if the majority of Americans just understood the S & S for Heart Attack and Stroke.. not to mention some of the major risk factors... We're likely to save many more lives with THIS education than with CPR Education... Just my 3 Cents

I am awfully surprised that so many of you are suggesting making CPR certification mandatory. What if someone doesn't want to get certified? Are we going to make them? Or, going along with some suggestions, not allow them to graduate from high school?

Personally, I feel that the choice to become CPR certified should remain just that, a choice. If someone does not feel comfortable performing CPR, or just flat out doesn't want to get certified, they shouldn't have to.

Not only should it be mandatory, but the government should get involved by providing further incentive. Classes should be free. And students should be able to deduct the value of a day's salary from their taxes, even if they attend on a day off.

And those who fail to recertify each year should be subject to on-the-spot cardioversion if caught.

Not only should it be mandatory, but the government should get involved by providing further incentive. Classes should be free. And students should be able to deduct the value of a day's salary from their taxes, even if they attend on a day off.

And those who fail to recertify each year should be subject to on-the-spot cardioversion if caught.

Hey Hitler...how you holding up? :lol:

So what about an individuals right to decide not to take a course to help another person? We shouldn't have that right? Why should I have to care about anyone else but myself? And, who has the right to make me have to?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.