Dead body smell

Just Plain Ruff

Had the household "deep freeze" freezer die on me, and had to enlist "Lady J's" help. Tossed five 30 gallon trash bags full of assorted meats, poultry, fish, milk, OJ, veggies, and microwaveable meals. Open freezer door stink was intense, but both of us used gloves, and timed it to the evening before both garbage and recycle pickup. After that, I just left the freezer door open a few days, before the repair mechanic arrived to find the failed component, and replaced it.

I believe I did use a Clorox and water 1/8 mix, plus elbow grease, to clean and disinfect the freezer box. Also, thanks for the unintentional reminder: I have to defrost both the basement deepfreeze and the kitchen refrigerator/freezer very soon.

Clorox is actually a universal sanitizer. Can even be used in dish rinse water in the proper amounts. What it is not good for is black mold like we had when we had the flood and the mold that grew in homes and stuff. It actually feeds the mold and causes it to spread, so with that in mind we had to us a fungicide specially for black mold.

Big fan of fresh lemons.

I've never tried lemon juice, but in the absence of lemons...why not?

Bleach works really well but then your hands stink like bleach for the next two days.